Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New AFK Detection for Matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ponts

Senior QA Analyst

07-11-2012

Hey guys,

In a few minutes we're going to turn on a new AFK detection feature we've been working on and we could use your help testing it out. The feature should help keep afk players out of champion select and give players the ability to decline a game that has been found for them. Feel free to give the new feature a try and let us know if you like it or not and if you find any bugs with it.

Thanks guys!!

Here are some of the rules for the new system:

- When the queue pops, each player should receive a dialog box asking them to confirm or decline their newly found game.
- Players who click ACCEPT are shown real-time status markers for all other players in their game.
- When all 10 players click ACCEPT they are moved into champ select.
- If any player FAILS TO ACCEPT the game is canceled and one of the following should occur:

- Solo players who accepted are returned to the queue
- Solo players who declined or failed to make a choice are removed from the queue
- Arranged teams of any size whose members all accepted will be returned to the queue
- Arranged teams of any size who had one or more members decline will be returned to the arranged team lobby.
- Players should receive appropriate messaging if their game fails to start
- Players should NOT receive queue dodge or leaver penalties associated with declining a game or being AFK prior to entering champ select.

RiotBahamut

Associate Software Engineer

07-11-2012

Fellow summoners,

This seemingly simple change actually required some pretty involved changes in the code for our core game loop. If you see anything that doesn't seem to follow the above post (Or seems to act weird in any way), please let us know forthright! I'll be monitoring this thread closely

Boscowitz

07-11-2012

Very nice change i like it

Lottabullets

07-11-2012

love it, hopefully we can see it implemented on live next patch

Amrase

07-11-2012

There's only one problem I've found. A player can repeatedly enter queue and decline a game over and over. Effectively making it so that anyone matched up with him will be put back in queue over and over. All I can say is maybe put a cap on the amount of declines by the same player in a certain time period?

Bahamut:
"When a player declines a game, they are removed from the queue. In order to repeatedly decline games, you'd have to rejoin the queue from the bottom each time. Per the specifications above, any players who are eligible to be requeued (They either accepted as a solo player, or were on a team where everybody accepted) will keep their spot. You can only repeatedly fizzle games for the same people if you're on a team with them, in which case you should stop being mean to your friends (Or they might kick you before requeueing )?

ACookieMonster

07-11-2012

Quote:
Amrase:
There's only one problem I've found. A player can repeatedly enter queue and decline a game over and over. Effectively making it so that anyone matched up with him will be put back in queue over and over. All I can say is maybe put a cap on the amount of declines by the same player in a certain time period?

this wont be a problem with the higher population of the live server, you probably wont even be matched with the same people anyway.

Vulking

07-11-2012

Quote:
Amrase:

This could be fixed with something like:

30 secs delay for the first 2 declines
1 minute for the third decline
1 additional minute for each additional decline
the timer is reset after a minute after the current accumulated decline timer.

Luego

07-11-2012

You get their actual names? So I can decline games if I'm matched w/ a premade team I'm scared of? Not sure abou that . . .

HarlequinReaper

Recruiter

07-11-2012

Quote:
Ponts:
Hey guys,

Here are some of the rules for the new system:

- When the queue pops, each player should receive a dialog box asking them to confirm or decline their newly found game.
- Players who click ACCEPT are shown real-time status markers for all other players in their game.
- When all 10 players click ACCEPT they are moved into champ select.

So DOTA style? one of the few things i actually like about DOTA

ACookieMonster

07-11-2012

Suggestion: The "rejoining the lobby" message seems to take a bit too long to respond leading some people to believe it doesnt work, maybe make a "this might take a moment" message