Concert on upcoming Brazil / South America Server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

Ok, I know Riot is working on a Brazilian server, which most likely will end up being a South American Server do to ping, latency, language and whatnot, however, since they are very secretive about it, I'm really concerned about the Audio option we are gonna end up with, I know that they are getting Brazil style Portuguese VO, which lead me to believe they will also have Latin American Spanish VO, but, are we gonna still be able to pick English VO?

I want to voice my concern that people that is used and like the English VO is gonna get shafted by this just like we got shafted with the StarCraft2 localization and the Diablo3 language block fiasco.

Is really frustrating to be forced to switch the language of the VO of a game that you has played for years (man how I hated the SC2 localization, even when it was astonishing in quality) so I implore you, PLEASE, don't go the BLIZZARD route and screw people like me over, I rather play with my 150 ping from Chile that having to change the VO, that how important is for me the original VO that I have been playing with for 2 years and that I have learned to love.

Just to be clear all I ask is that beside Portuguese and Spanish we also can chose to retain the English VO, even if that mean that if I want to get them I have to download another 300 MB of data, I don't care, just let me keep the English,

Moon Crisis

07-12-2012

You can switch the voices at any time downloading the sound package around the net.
I wont hold my breath for a South America server, there are no anouncements about it and it wont be ideal to mix in the same server people who speaks 2 different languages, it will be a pain in the ass for spanish and portuguesse speakers.
It seems more reliable an Latin American server, but then again, Latin America is huge and the pings wont be good for everyone.
You think 150 is a bad ping? Argentina gets 280.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Crisis View Post
You can switch the voices at any time downloading the sound package around the net.
I wont hold my breath for a South America server, there are no anouncements about it and it wont be ideal to mix in the same server people who speaks 2 different languages, it will be a pain in the ass for spanish and portuguesse speakers.
It seems more reliable an Latin American server, but then again, Latin America is huge and the pings wont be good for everyone.
You think 150 is a bad ping? Argentina gets 280.
2 languages is nothing if we consider the 2 European servers.

And my point is that I would prefer avoid messing with files personally to get English VO, all they have to do is to allow us to pick English as one of the languages, they don't lose anything doing so anyway.