@Riot: Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cpt America

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WovN View Post
You guys are ****ing stupid when you said Trundle's Q reset attack animation.

HAVE YOU SEEN HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR HIM TO BITE AND THEN BACK OFF SO HE CAN SWING HIS CLUB.

Take a quick look. It voids nearly any attack speed increase if you use it.
This.

levelonemage

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
What do you mean? I just played like 8 games in a row today nonetheless?
First, his Q is fine. Yes, the animation is longer than what we've come to believe is normal. Who cares? It does a lot of damage, it debuffs, it applies on-hit, and it still does reset your swing timer whether you believe it or not. I've never had a problem dealing damage with him, not sure what your issue is.

Second, his W is fine. It's instant cast and can be cast while moving. Once again, the animation is trivial. How much damage are you REALLY sacrificing when you are now moving significantly faster than they are while applying slows (because you better have at least a phage), not to mention the attack speed boost.

Third, his E is fine. It's probably actually too good. This thing is a game changer. How you can't see that is sad and beyond me.

Cool, you got Trundle recently or you just decided to re-pick him up. The reality is, he is and always will be in a good spot for this game. He may not be bullsh*t OP flavor of the month (and as an SSoTP member, you should never want that), but his power is subtle, it's passive, and it's devastating. The quirks you have mentioned are merely a nuance at best and doesn't change the fact he's an amazing champion and a powerful addition to the team. It also doesn't change the fact he has good, consistent damage and great utility. Also a fine top laner and a prominent jungler.

Ghave

07-11-2012

bumppppppp

The Cpt America

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelonemage View Post
First, his Q is fine. Yes, the animation is longer than what we've come to believe is normal. Who cares? It does a lot of damage, it debuffs, it applies on-hit, and it still does reset your swing timer whether you believe it or not. I've never had a problem dealing damage with him, not sure what your issue is.

Second, his W is fine. It's instant cast and can be cast while moving. Once again, the animation is trivial. How much damage are you REALLY sacrificing when you are now moving significantly faster than they are while applying slows (because you better have at least a phage).

Third, his E is fine. It's probably actually too good. This thing is a game changer. How you can't see that is sad and beyond me.

Cool, you got Trundle recently or you just decided to re-pick him up. The reality is, he is and always will be in a good spot for this game. He may not be bullsh*t OP flavor of the month, but his power is subtle, it's passive, and it's devastating. The quirks you have mentioned are merely a nuance at best and doesn't change the fact he's an amazing champion and a powerful addition to the team. It also doesn't change the fact he has good, consistent damage and great utility.
Okay, so not to be offensive or anything, and i know you are trying to defend buffing him, but i am not saying "buff trundle". Look what you posted, you even admitted that trundle's Q and E are indeed broken by not allowing for his full damage potential because of sloppy animations that need to be fixed. Do you realize the 2-3 seconds of downtime in an auto attack fight level 1-6 is very important?

Edit: Also, his E animation is indeed game changing.... however that chance that it has to be in fact game changing is too situation because it requires such a small space that it can actually block off (example, enemy running away is already wall hugging and you can use it to stop him from running)

Unibrownie

07-11-2012

As an avid Trundle player he has fallen from grace and Riot never acknowledges him. There are so many issued but the stupid SSOTP comes in and trolls arguments. People are just so proud of the fact that Trundle has never been nerfed/buffed so they think he's balanced. What they forgot is the game itself, the mechanics, and new heroes have changed the game very significantly. Making super balanced Trundle, kind of underpowered by proxy.

Heres a post I made a while back, let's work together to make Riot help out our favourite little Troll.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ght=unibrownie

levelonemage

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
Okay, so not to be offensive or anything, and i know you are trying to defend buffing him, but i am not saying "buff trundle". Look what you posted, you even admitted that trundle's Q and E are indeed broken by not allowing for his full damage potential because of sloppy animations that need to be fixed. Do you realize the 2-3 seconds of downtime in an auto attack fight level 1-6 is very important?
You are twisting my words. I never said they were broken. Let's focus on Q, because to complain about the W animation is silly imo. At that level, with no attack speed items or levels under your belt, your attacks are slow, just like everyone else. Using Q is going to accelerate your damage output. You have to time it well with your initial auto attack and you have SERIOUS burst damage (level 1-5 mind you). I mastered this timing in the old jungle, where it was crucial to clearing the jungle, maybe that's why I don't see it as a problem.

The only time I could really say that Q would interfere with his overall damage output to a nontrivial degree is IF you built very damage heavy, with a BC and/or PD or something. But that isn't your role as Trundle. He's not a primary damage dealer. His Q accelerates his damage otherwise.

It DEFINITELY does NOT take 2-3 seconds. Try like a third of a second, half a second at best.

Unibrownie

07-11-2012

Bump

The Cpt America

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelonemage View Post
You are twisting my words. I never said they were broken. Let's focus on Q, because to complain about the W animation is silly imo. At that level, with no attack speed items or levels under your belt, your attacks are slow, just like everyone else. Using Q is going to accelerate your damage output. You have to time it well with your initial auto attack and you have SERIOUS burst damage (level 1-5 mind you). I mastered this timing in the old jungle, where it was crucial to clearing the jungle, maybe that's why I don't see it as a problem.

The only time I could really say that Q would interfere with his overall damage output to a nontrivial degree is IF you built very damage heavy, with a BC and/or PD or something. But that isn't your role as Trundle. He's not a primary damage dealer. His Q accelerates his damage otherwise.

It DEFINITELY does NOT take 2-3 seconds. Try like a third of a second, half a second at best.
.... Once again you are not understanding me. The combination of sloppy animations from his Q and his W make it 2-3 seconds of downtime. Go test it if you do no believe me.

The Cpt America

07-11-2012

bump

Unibrownie

07-11-2012

Good luck getting Riot in here bro, I've tried.