Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what is a good build for Top Lane Blitz...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowRumia

07-11-2012

I have looked at a few ideas and the only thing I know for certain is I need to build tanky ad to live. but what all should I build? my experiments thus far are mixed results

currently
Avarace blade
Tear of the Goddess
Ninja Tabi
madreds Bloodrazor
ManaMune
Banshees Veil
Blood Thirster
Youmous Ghostblade

what should I add/remove

Aikimiller

07-11-2012

I'd stay away from bloodrazor- it's not going to be all that great. Bloodthirster as well, I'm not sold on.

Sheen on the other hand (into a late trinity force) is hilarious. While blitz doesn't have spammable skills, the proc makes his Q+E combo hit ridiculously hard- which is where most of your damage is coming from anyway, and is definatly worth it. You're also missing Frozen Heart, which is fantastic on Blitz.

Both of these items also give Mana- which combo's with his passive for a stronger shield, and Manamune for more damage.

So, the core build I'd use

Boots, Manamune, Sheen (trinity force), Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil.

If you want a g/10 item, get a Philo Stone or a Heart of Gold instead of teh avarice blade.

Warrrrax

07-11-2012

A Tear is a shoo in, upgrade to Manamune gives Blitz most of his AD, fixes his mana issues, and converts half the mana into Health. Thus it is hugely cost effective.

Past that, a Frozen Heart is pretty standard. The survivability, useful aura, more mana to feed blitz passive and manamune, and finally the fat 20% CDR make this a fantastic item.

Ionic Boots are standard. That plus shroud/heart = maxed CDR. Why do we want Max CDR? First, if blitz misses a grab during tower siege, he wants it back up ASAP.
Secondly it gives him a near permanant MS/AS boost.
Most importantly though it turns his 5 sec KNOCKUP into a 3 second knockup cooldown!

3 second knockup is amazingly good for damage, proccing sheen/triforce, and doing a lot of CC.

A negatron is taken, eventually upgraded to Banshee but theres no huge hurry for this upgrade, even though it does give health, and multipurpose mana.

Sheen to Triforce is standard. Blitz actally DOES have spammable spell, his knockup so triforce proc does a TON of damage in a fight. All the other stats are useful on Blitz, even the AP and mana.

This setup has great synergy, makes him extremely tough, yet able to deliver pretty heavy DPS.

The only problem is lack of sustain. I'd probably take a Vamp Scepter fairly early to help this out. Philo stone is usable too.

FatTurtle

07-11-2012

hog
philo
zerks/tank boots of choice
wriggles
trinity part of choice
black cleaver
trinity
ie
pd
bt
pd

top blitz is my main top atm. hes like a really tanky master yi with massive amounts of cc

max out grab first then overdrive

Boomstick II

07-11-2012

I'm not too keen on manamune TBH. It works well with him, and can be a good option, but idk, I never get it on him.

Then again, I've never played him top lane.

I would say, as a bruiser, you pretty much just want TF as your DPS item for most of the game.

Also, I would recommend shurelyas over CDR boots if you want to max out your CDR. The active + your overdrive is perfect for catching people, running away, or getting into a good position for a grab.

Possible final build:
- Frozen Heart
- Ninja Tabi/Mercs
- Trinity Force
- Banshee's Veil
- Shurelyas
- LW/BC/BT/Situational

Iron A1dan

07-11-2012

Quote:
Boomstick II:

Possible final build:
- Frozen Heart
- Ninja Tabi/Mercs
- Trinity Force
- Banshee's Veil
- Shurelyas
- Rylais!

fixed.

Kirielis

07-11-2012

Manamune is really great if you want a tanky-dps Blitz, just saying. Sure a BT or whatever would give more damage, below stupid amounts of max mana anyway, but Blitz can actually reach those stupid amounts of mana, plus it helps with the troll shield. (And I like manamune even though it's mostly suboptimal on most champs, so I'm going to take it whenever I have the actual excuse to.)

Also, triforce. TRIFORCE.