If people make Riot redress Zyra...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summerwindz

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Scampers View Post
Might as well check Morello for hemerroids while you're up there.

If you'd lose faith in humanity because Riot stops having horrifically misogynistic art departments, then do the gene pool a favor and play in traffic.
How is the female for being displayed misogynistic?

Captain Jack32

07-10-2012

I don't care that it's sexual, I care that it is just plain bad character design. It is the distinct LACK of creativity that I hate. The large amount of sexy female women in LoL are not because it is artsy, or anything of the sort, it is because they know that if they put big boobs that someone can play as, maybe change their skin color so you can say they are different, and it will sell to dumbass teenagers. It's ok if her personality is "she is sexy and she seduces and kills things", but if you use that excuse for every character, then it's not a ****ing characteristic.

MyDeadGrandma

07-10-2012

Even Maokai got a loincloth.

Ruinating End

07-10-2012

Well who knows what her skin will be

Thougar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haechi View Post
Then just close your eyes and play blind. Lee Sin does it.
Then you wont be able to see me rolling my eyes!

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

The sneak peek art won't necessarily be used for the splash art.
I'm not going to ask for changes to art which looks good, I only ask that Riot shapes up in the future - I think the majority of "feminist", "anti-sexist" or whatever posters agree. Besides that, for many champions their state of undress is tied to their lore or personality - for example Cassiopeia, Miss Fortune and Janna would not be the same characters at all had they been decently covered. On the other hand there's no reason Ashe and Sejuani would not be fully dressed given the climate they live in.
Beyond that, though, there's no reason for nearly every female champion to have ZZ cups - I buy the 3/4-view model recognition argument, but that doesn't apply to splash art.

It's not about hiding beauty or nudity being something "twisted" - it's about bringing more than a bikini to a sword fight, or dressing for the occasion.

ReLLik5150

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Scampers View Post
Might as well check Morello for hemerroids while you're up there.

If you'd lose faith in humanity because Riot stops having horrifically misogynistic art departments, then do the gene pool a favor and play in traffic.
Only Americans are this uptight about the human body. They show some of the human body and they are automatically misogynists. So stupid.

Gwaargh

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiales View Post
On the other hand there's no reason Ashe and Sejuani would not be fully dressed given the climate they live in.
Tryndamere lives in the same climate. And he has less clothes on than either of them

JPandaGamer

07-10-2012

I've already lost faith, but I'd be pretty disappointed, she looks great

ClamFace

07-10-2012

I don't think the women who are offended are actually offended. I think they're just jelly of Zyra's figure.