Which champions is the strongest in each "class"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

White Rock

11-06-2009

I've been hearing a lot of "x is op" so i thought which that the best way to check is to just figure out who's the strongest in each "class":

Tanks: Malphite kills the contest. He only needs to stack one stat too enjoy a 300 damage spammable AOE spell that slows auto attacks... + he has his ult. Compare to any other tank such as Alistar/cho'gath and you see why he's too strong.

DPS: Yii, Ashe. Yii just has crazy damage and super great abiltys all around (A passive that gives chance of double damage? ) and Ashe has great utility, farming and range. Again, compare to any other physical dps (Jax and Teemo are also pretty strong but not as strong as them and corki and tristana are a joke.)

Support: Morgana: All her ability's are again VERY good. An anti-cc spell sheild, a huge range snare skillshot, an ult that slows and stuns and an aoe ground attack for heavy damage. Blows Kayle or Taric out of the water.

Assassin: Twitch. Oh, a ranged invisible dps that has two abilities to increase his attack speed AND a slow AND a nuke? Also he's currently completely broken if you stack tiamats.
(Shaco just has good ways to run away, Twitch has tons of ways to KILL YOU DEAD. Evelynn has no range and not really stronger damage even when fed, oracle completely shuts her down)

Spellcasters: RYZE. I don't care if he's useless in high level play, he is a cheap stupid hero with an instant kill button on a cooldown. It's frustrating and annoying to play against him.

Think my list is wrong? Write your own below.

JayceJa

11-06-2009

anivia beats ryze, amumu beats malphite, while shaco i find to be a better assassin than twitch

DudeTheMan

11-06-2009

I like doing mindless lists and arbitrary rankings so i'll play ball.

Tank: 90% of people who have played this game for any amount of time are going to say Amumu. He has two disables one being a massive area disable and he has great area damage in general. This makes him a big target you can't ignore easily. This is the one lofty goal of tanks. Second place would be much harder to pin down in my opinion. Cho'gath, Singed, Nunu are all candidates. Malphite is a bit squishier then the other tanks but he is good as well. My favorite thing to do is build Tryn half tank/half DPS and abuse his rage/lust. He can be a massive pain to take down and deal good damage in the process. He has no disables and horrible area damage though so I wouldn't say hes the best.

Assassin/DPS/Fighter: This would be the hardest category to choose just one guy in. Yi is 100% single target and brings no disables of any kind. I do love playing him, but the best? Probably not. Ashe on the other hand being the king, queen, and baby jesus combined of snaring and having great harrassment/gank potential is a strong possibility. Twitch has never been a favorite of mine and most people point to his stealth for ganks as his bright spot. Stealth is great for Twitch and a detriment to the rest of his team the majority of the time. He also adds little other then damage but he does deal damage very well. Tristana is worth a mention as she can be an absolute dominate force of death and destruction when played well. She does however tend to hang on the edge of over-extension most of the time which is in general bad for a carry. Shaco again deserves a mention as he has everything you could want in a nice little package. He can chase well, escape well, has an area disable, an on-hit snare, good damage. He is a great all arounder only missing good area damage. So who is the best? I have no idea honestly. One of the many above. Ashe is what I would go with if I had a gun to my head.

Support: I am probably going to shock a lot of people (assuming a lot of people actually read this) but I would say Alistar. He fails miserably as a tank imo but if you think of him as a beefy support like say Taric then hes so much win. His small group heal is spamable and beats all heals in-game to death mid-late game when your constantly doing 5v5 slugfests. No need to target at all, it "helps" mitigate all the area damage flying around and best of all it is spamable. When you have a true healer people tend to use them as a crutch and end up paying for it. He also has a great PB stun and his headbutt all but guarantees at least one kill. His ulti means if he can get them to target him hes damn near indestructable for it's duration. All you need to do is build him as a mana heavy tank and he's so win. His biggest weakness is usually no one will target him but as he is mainly there to support and throw his weight around so it doesn't matter. Zilean would probably get second place as he can single handedly save two lives at a minimum per team fight. And no Kayle doesn't compare in this department.

Mages: Ryze is 90% single target with one single target disable. Far from the strongest imo. I would probably say Fiddle as his bouncy ball silence is beast and his fear is good and crowstorm does great area damage. Veigar would be up there as well with his group stun circle thing. But take this with a grain of salt as I don't play the mages much at all. Like everyone else I played Ryze a lot early on and I have tried them all at least once, but I play none of them regularly.

I realize I combined "DPS" and "Assassin" because they aren't different enough to have their own categories. You could make a category for Carries I guess or maybe Junglers. But thats not all that important. Anyway thats my opinion for the very little it is worth.

Edit: P.S. I started writing this before Jayce posted. Take that for what you will.

PuppetSoul

11-06-2009

Tank: Amumu. Amumu is so rigged that considering any other tank besides possibly Malphite is basically throwing the game out the window. He has the better portion of Nasus' ult as a baseline Toggle, but with better range, and packs two ranged stuns, one of them being a massive AoE.

Physical DPS: Ashe. Huge range conal AoE that does physical damage and slows, in addition to having an infinite range stun. Runner up is Jax, but he's fodder against AoE heavy teams that start 5man ganking early (which is pretty much all of them at my level).

Magical DPS: Twisted Fate, assuming you're not colorblind. His earlygame cardspam is rigged (blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue for 90ish damage per auto-attack at lvl1; only charges him mana every fourth card), his lategame ability to AoE stun for 1.5 seconds out of every six is also rigged. The map control his ult/gate combo gives is unparalleled, as he can backdoor at will and thus is the only true "counter" to a 5man gank squad sitting in your neutrals, and if included in a 5man gank squad himself, prevents the opposing team from ever laning again.

Support: Morgana. The ability to remove CC with Black Shield is clutch. They're nerfing it into the ground though, so the second in line is Soraka.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-06-2009

Top 3 in each category, in my opinion:

Tank: Amumu, Malphite, Chogath. Thank goodness for incoming nerfs. Nasus is up there too.
Phys DPS: Corki, Ashe, Teemo. Ashe is slightly overrated imo, but obviously fantastic.
Nuker: Kassadin, Annie, Veigar.
Disabler: Fiddle, Shaco, Twisted Fate.
Support: Morgana (-_-), Soraka, Alistar. Also good are alistar, taric, janna, zilean, blitzcrank, anivia...I love me some support.

:3.

Shaco is best assassin with twitch close behind. Evelyn...no.

Orangensaft

11-06-2009

I would go with

Tanks: Amumu, Malphite, Nassus but with nasus you sure need one of the other two.
Amumu the easyest ae disabler best initiater, Malphite also great for initiat. Nasus very nice ae damg for a tank in grpfights.

Support: Morgana, imho best hero in game, soraka is also really nice.
Moragana has everything and just needs little healt and mana. Great cc, great anticc, great ulti and some ae damg.

Carry magical: Annie, Anivia, they got nice cc and damg.

Carry general: Corki, Twistet, Shaco, Twitch, never saw a good yii or jax in a premade.
They all profit a lot from items und from teamsupport and will have a strong impact on fights lategame.

Gankers: Shaco, Twitch, Morgana, Ryze,
Twitch because of steahlt and slow, the other two because of the cc.

AoE Damg: Gangplank, Fidle, Anivia, Amumu, Nassus, even Moraga will do it.
Nothing to say here i think.

Pushers: Alistar, Sivir, Soraka, Ramus
All good pushers

Mapcontrol: Twistet, Teemo
Imba map control ultis.

Malleus Deum

11-09-2009

physical dps tyrandemere no one can hit harder 1400 damage one shot. no runes

dreamenddischarger

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangensaft View Post

Carry magical: Annie

I don't think you know what carry means

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

11-09-2009

Agreed.

Annie destroys if she gets ahead of everyone by getting fed early/midgame.

If everyone else joins her in lategame her nukability decreases by a ton.

PuppetSoul

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji Abarai View Post
physical dps tyrandemere no one can hit harder 1400 damage one shot. no runes
You're so bad.

Any hero that stacks five bloodlusts and an infinity edge can crit for 1400+ from item damage alone.

And Corki isn't a "physical dps", he's a hybrid that's more of a magical damage nuker if I had to choose one of the two (same boat as Heimerdinger). Although Corki's nukes (especially his ult) are so rigged that you're perfectly fine going zero AP and still having competent AP-based nukes because of "the Big One".