Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Price of runes is atrocious

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altnob

07-10-2012

Why on earth has this not been addressed.

My buddy has the best example: "I feel like I've put more hours into this game than WoW and I still don't have everything."

Should a rune cost more than an entire champion when build diversity is based solely on mastery and rune picks?

League would be a million times more enjoyable if I could afford all the runes for the champions I play.

Zalithian

07-10-2012

Yeah I still don't have one full rune page.

Altnob

07-10-2012

up

IWillEatUrBrain

07-10-2012

True, but this is Riot Games.

Runes are created so that you dump all your RP in champs while you spend your IP on runes.

genius

Phoenix Rong

07-10-2012

Quote:
IWillEatUrBrain:

Runes are created so that you dump all your RP in champs while you spend your IP on runes.

genius

Oh god, this is so true.

I'm always buying champs with RP because I need IP to buy these freakin' expensive runes.

Then I need to use the RP to buy rune pages to fit all my expensive runes.

TheBronzeLegend

07-10-2012

Quote:
IWillEatUrBrain:

genius

It's not right, and should not feel right, to spend a whole week, about 5-6 hours a day playing, just to get a rune page.

Altnob

07-10-2012

Quote:
Whats A Hacker:
It's not right, and should not feel right, to spend a whole week, about 5-6 hours a day playing, just to get a rune page.

You won't get a full rune page during that time.

IceSick

07-10-2012

I feel its ok. Beacaus once you own them you can use them on mutable pages. So like u buy once and u always have it forever

Communist Poppy

07-10-2012

Runes are basically a crutch.

I've lived on 3 rune pages since I started playing. I just recently got a fourth and I don't even need it for anything.