Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Apparently the forum mod

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flodoard

07-10-2012

lol yay someone noticed I was gone!
I've been coming back don't worry
just got out of college for the summer so now I don't have to procrastinate as much, but when days get this hot then I just sit inside and wait till the sun goes down so I can go running or visit friends whilst they slumber

standin

07-10-2012

Yays! I missed' you.

How do you think you did with college work?
And why are you visiting friends while they sleep? O.o

Flodoard

07-10-2012

I haven't checked my grades, but I probably got mostly B's . . . which I guess isn't bad, but I'm a bid of a perfectionist when it comes to grades lol

the reason is because I'm kinda nocturnal, so usually when I want to hang out is when my friends are getting ready for bed, so I often times have to interrupt their sleep schedule to hang out lol

standin

07-10-2012

I'm sure you're fine with that. B's are alright and employers aren't going to care if it was a B or A in some class. They'll care you have the degree and that you're a good worker.

Can you hoot like an owl? Heh, do your friends appreciate you doing that?

Enialis

07-13-2012

Eff if I know.

(Re: deletion of depression threads).

Katsuni

07-13-2012

Quote:
standin:
I'm sure you're fine with that. B's are alright and employers aren't going to care if it was a B or A in some class. They'll care you have the degree and that you're a good worker.

Some places do care, but for the most part, your grades aren't nearly as important as your capacity to work within the environment you're dropped into.

Most employers would rather have a person with an 80% average that gets along well with the work environment and their co-workers, than someone with a 90% average who pisses everyone off and lowers the entire group's productivity immensely.

Now, that doesn't mean grades are bad... if they get two applicants who are both "good with people", and fit the company's overall culture, but one has better grades, it's kind of obvious who they're going for.

Grades are more of a tie breaker, than they are the main attraction these days, so long as you have "good enough" to get their attention to go to interview in the first place.

Skills can be taught. Being irritating to the core isn't something that's so easily weeded out.

Dobagoh

07-13-2012

Quote:
Katsuni:
Some places do care, but for the most part, your grades aren't nearly as important as your capacity to work within the environment you're dropped into.

Most employers would rather have a person with an 80% average that gets along well with the work environment and their co-workers, than someone with a 90% average who pisses everyone off and lowers the entire group's productivity immensely.

Now, that doesn't mean grades are bad... if they get two applicants who are both "good with people", and fit the company's overall culture, but one has better grades, it's kind of obvious who they're going for.

Grades are more of a tie breaker, than they are the main attraction these days, so long as you have "good enough" to get their attention to go to interview in the first place.

Skills can be taught. Being irritating to the core isn't something that's so easily weeded out.

Everywhere I've interviewed as used grades as the filtering device, and personality as tie-breaker. Have a good personality but average grades? Good luck even landing an interview.

Ever. My upcoming employer throws your application into the trash if your undergraduate GPA is less than a 3.0. Doesn't even matter if you have a graduate degree, or if you've been working for 10 years.

YogaPantsGG

10-05-2014