Will stealth rework work well in Dom?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
You could always do that. It's because Oracles range is so poor. Akali can Shadow Dance in your face from inside her smokescreen without you seeing her when you have Oracles on. It was a very distressing wakeup call for me.

I thought Oracles was your full sight range. Not so much :S
Akali can "shadow dance" in my face every time she wants o.O

Panwar

07-12-2012

So I played Eve in a game on PBE. TT because it's a long queue on PBE for Dom. She seems waaaaaay better. Still does great burst, and her kit actually seems cohesive. One thing I always hated about Eve was how if you went AD you ignored some of her skills and if you went AP you ignored the others. Her new ult is pretty great and I really like the MS buff(that is free to use).

I actually enjoyed the "rushing out of the shadow's" gameplay more than the "I'm standing right next to you and you don't know it" gameplay as it was before. And the new spike graphics for Hate Spike make it much more apparent who you are hitting.

Anyways, I actually enjoyed it, instead of just playing it because it works.

WelcomeToTarget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

Considering you can't buy wards in Dominion this a huge buff to Eve.

Panwar

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToTarget View Post
Considering you can't buy wards in Dominion this a huge buff to Eve.
You couldn't buy wards before, and her stealth has been nerfed. She's still a good ganker, but she can't just stand there and pop out when the fight starts anymore, and she can't run through the jungle with impunity anymore either.

MajorUrsa

07-15-2012

It doesnt look like that much of a buff. Her vision looks like it covers an entire lane, an entire point. With the poor vision on the map and jungle, roam eve isn't going to be as viable as she is now, simply because the jungle is no longer your safe haven. You can't bush check, or even walk near someone while heading through the jungle.

Her W has a fairly long CD, from what Ive heard about ravage it seems like the damage is pretty low (Maybe its better with a full AP build...) and her Q seems pretty good now.

Another thing, once youve been found, or entered combat, you can no longer reset combat. Without having that on activation stealth, you have to wait 8 seconds without taking damage or using any skills (Her W reveals her). If your being chased, or get caught by someone at half health, your only escape is going to be to use your W, and if its off CD or you get CC'd or slowed its over. Other problems with her new stealth, damage reveals you, and I wonder if things like shrooms, or dots on the ground will reveal you and then your forced to wait 8 seconds. Currently if you are dealt damage, your only revealed for a second or two before you return to stealth, meaning a good juke can safely get you out of melee range and to saftey. Now your just dead.

Other stealth champions can see you while in stealth. The premiere stealth based champion in LoL can be seen by other stealth based champions. While in stealth.

Not really excited for the changes after seeing her. She looks like a Shyvana or Hecarim clone now with a gimmicky stealth mechanic.

MajorUrsa

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panwar View Post
You couldn't buy wards before, and her stealth has been nerfed. She's still a good ganker, but she can't just stand there and pop out when the fight starts anymore, and she can't run through the jungle with impunity anymore either.
I just don't see why you would play her now. She doesn't seem like shes any better then she was before. Why pick her over Shy or Hecairm.

I think she could see some play in SR simply because wards are so important. But on Dominion? Eh I'm very skeptical after seeing her being played on the PBE.

Shes one of my favorite champs on Dominion and I started playing her when I got into the game, before I knew about all the nerfs and negativity. On Dominion she could really shine, now...color me worried I guess

Panwar

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
I just don't see why you would play her now. She doesn't seem like shes any better then she was before. Why pick her over Shy or Hecairm.

I think she could see some play in SR simply because wards are so important. But on Dominion? Eh I'm very skeptical after seeing her being played on the PBE.

Shes one of my favorite champs on Dominion and I started playing her when I got into the game, before I knew about all the nerfs and negativity. On Dominion she could really shine, now...color me worried I guess
Because Hecarim is incredibly weak on Dom?

The fact is that she is a much better toe-to-toe fighter now. She can't walk right beside the enemy, but she doesn't need to either. Her stealth will still be great for ganking bot(in fact she is one hell of a ganker actually). She is much better earlier in a fight, all of her abilities are useful now, instead of just sort of, sometimes.

If you try to use her like you are now. No she will fail. But if you use her as an assassin/fighter that is invisible a large portion of the time, I think she will work great.

The truth is I never really considered her that strong in Dom anyways. Like many champs she had her place, and could certainly perform. But it's not like you would rather see Eve on your team than Jax, or Pan, or about 20-30 other champions.

The only thing I worry about really is her ult being on kind of a long CD.

Catnium

07-16-2012

The long cd is there because its basically better than Xins old ult

You can take a hole team for 30% of their hp and slow them with an ap build if you manage to hit them all with it

Argodis

07-19-2012

Not liking the new Eve so far. Burst damage from E is lacking and her old ult was better for Dominion. It was basically always off CD and gave you a bit of sustain in team fights. New ult is good but it's never up and Eve is far too reliant on it to survive 4v4 skirmishes.

The new stealth mechanic is a nerf. One of the best parts about Eve on Dominion was her ability to function as a human ward. Not possible anymore. The big detection range that players have also hurts Eve. People aren't distracted farming minions like they are in SR. As soon as you come into a player's detect range in Dominion, they attack you so your stealth advantage is basically useless. The detect range also applies on points that you own so if an enemy is capping one of your points, you can't ambush them like before as now they will be able to see you coming.

Essentially new Eve is just a mobile bruiser with low base stats. I still need to test a few more builds and setups but so far it is looking like a nerf.

Edit: And the fact that E no longer slows hurts AD Eve a lot. It's bad enough that they can see you coming but you can't really do anything about it unless your ult is up.

Redenbacher

07-19-2012

I don't see how the new stealth is useless. Compared to other champions, you no longer are bound by the fog of war... with the addition of a speed buff. You can take all the shortest routes (including moving right through middle) completely undetected, shaving seconds off of your travel time.

That's not including a 70% movement speed buff.

She's the only champion now that can move around a tower completely undetected, easily baiting enemies in to fights where they are outnumbered, and catching squishies out of position when the tank(s) are assaulting the point.

I believe that's also the largest AS steroid in the game. I nearly shat myself when I saw 120%.