Will stealth rework work well in Dom?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

07-11-2012

Their kits seem like they will scale better off both AD and AP, which could lead to some interesting hybrid builds. I look forward to testing different builds.

Phourc

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Twitch will probably be worse.
):

Just cause of the Spray n Pray nerf? (No longer 100% AD to all targets I believe I read)

Or just cause he's going to end up like another Varus, ranged AD carry with no escapes...

konfetarius

07-11-2012

Quote:

Their kits seem like they will scale better off both AD and AP, which could lead to some interesting hybrid builds. I look forward to testing different builds.
6 Nashor Eve incoming.

MajorUrsa

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desocupado View Post
The new stealth is like everyone is carrying oracle, keep this in mind.
This is the one thing Im worried about. They have yet to really give us the range we're allotted with this new stealth mechanic.

Ive heard its smaller then Ryzes Q. Slightly larger or smaller then the current Oracle (Phreak didnt seem that sure). That if your really bad with Eve, its really going to show now (Sounds like positioning could be a *****).

Since she has similar stats and a similar health pool, poor initiating could mean death. Use your steroid to gain ground, eat a stun, your done. Try to rack up movement speed buff with damage? Your now out of stealth. Your defense is all on a ult like Jaxs, so really I think a lot of what is going to make or break these changes, is how long the CDs are on her abilities. If theyre overly long, it could be difficult to play (Talking like a 2 minute ult here or a 20 second CD on her movement steroid like on Hecarim (seriously why?)).

Other things I noticed, Ravage hits twice, it could act similarly to Twin Bite now, in that it procs on hit effects twice, and perhaps procs 2 movement speed stacks. I'm really curious about how long the stacks last, and how many you can recieve, and just how much she can max out with full stacks and her steroid (they stack).

noctis lucious

07-11-2012

rest in peace twitch

MMKH

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
6 Nashor Eve incoming.
I only need as many to max CDR, which is one.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

07-12-2012
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
):

Just cause of the Spray n Pray nerf? (No longer 100% AD to all targets I believe I read)

Or just cause he's going to end up like another Varus, ranged AD carry with no escapes...
No, the stealth nerf. You won't have free reign to explore the map alone anymore.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

07-12-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
This is the one thing Im worried about. They have yet to really give us the range we're allotted with this new stealth mechanic.

Ive heard its smaller then Ryzes Q. Slightly larger or smaller then the current Oracle (Phreak didnt seem that sure). That if your really bad with Eve, its really going to show now (Sounds like positioning could be a *****).

Since she has similar stats and a similar health pool, poor initiating could mean death. Use your steroid to gain ground, eat a stun, your done. Try to rack up movement speed buff with damage? Your now out of stealth. Your defense is all on a ult like Jaxs, so really I think a lot of what is going to make or break these changes, is how long the CDs are on her abilities. If theyre overly long, it could be difficult to play (Talking like a 2 minute ult here or a 20 second CD on her movement steroid like on Hecarim (seriously why?)).

Other things I noticed, Ravage hits twice, it could act similarly to Twin Bite now, in that it procs on hit effects twice, and perhaps procs 2 movement speed stacks. I'm really curious about how long the stacks last, and how many you can recieve, and just how much she can max out with full stacks and her steroid (they stack).
I've actually found the new stealth mechanics to be quite nice. It forces you to flank, not just run straight down the lane, but it also means you won't have to worry about wards (not applicable to Dominion, I know) or timing your invisibility. She's also got a speed increase attached to the ability, so if you just want to zoom around, it's very nice for that. So again, the big nerf to Dominion is that you'll be unable to facecheck brush. The detection range is large enough that you can skirt Oracle wielding champions while still seeing them though. It's a lot of fun.

Apollinarius

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I've actually found the new stealth mechanics to be quite nice. It forces you to flank, not just run straight down the lane, but it also means you won't have to worry about wards (not applicable to Dominion, I know) or timing your invisibility. She's also got a speed increase attached to the ability, so if you just want to zoom around, it's very nice for that. So again, the big nerf to Dominion is that you'll be unable to facecheck brush. The detection range is large enough that you can skirt Oracle wielding champions while still seeing them though. It's a lot of fun.
You could always do that. It's because Oracles range is so poor. Akali can Shadow Dance in your face from inside her smokescreen without you seeing her when you have Oracles on. It was a very distressing wakeup call for me.

I thought Oracles was your full sight range. Not so much :S

DiscworldDeath

07-12-2012

Huh, I didn't know oracles range is so low.
TIL