Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who to buy? 600RP, 1315 IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ikeblade

09-04-2010

tl;dr
read the bold

I main Nasus because, although I hear not many people are good with him/use him correctly, he feels natural to me. And because of that I pwn with him.
I recently got Morde because I wanted a more tanky character (I know, not a tank. Just more survivability)
Now I'm thinking about someone who can put the hurt on the enemy team.

I have 600 RP left over from the only $10 I will probably ever spend on RP. I noticed at one point that some champions are worth more/less RP than their corresponding IP prices.

So who should I get? Maybe Warwick with RP and Nidalee with IP?
Or someone else entirely?

Memorylame

09-04-2010

too bad you didn't buy a bundle of champs.....no more variety problems.

I like your nid/ww idea though.....just don't be one of those wws who never ever leaves the jungle

Dravonio

Recruiter

09-04-2010

Let's take a look at your choices.

Champions that fit within your RP Guidelines are:
Alistar, Annie, Ashe, Cho'Gath, Dr.Mundo, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Garen, Janna, Jax, Kayle, Malphite, Master Yi, Morgana, Nunu, Poppy, Ryze, Singed, Sion, Sivir, Soraka, Taric, Teemo, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Veigar, Warwick, and Zilean

Champions that fit within your IP Guidelines and aren't on the above list are:
Akali, Gangplank, Gragas, Heimerdinger, Kassadin, Katarina, Nidalee, Olaf, Pantheon, Rammus, Shaco, Shen, Udyr, Urgot, and Xin Zhao

So, there are a handful of champions you can buy with IP(assuming you meant 3150) that you can't with RP. So let's take a look at them. You said you wanted a champion that can dish out lots of damage. This mainly rules out Gragas(more of a tank), Heimerdinger(doesn't do amazing damage), Rammus(tank), Shen(tank), and Urgot(does some damage early on, but gets weak later in the game and becomes and initiator/tank).

That leaves us with Akali, Gangplank, Kassadin, Katarina, Nidalee, Olaf, Pantheon, Shaco, Udyr, and Xin Zhao.

Akali does almost all of her damage in burst, and is built hybrid. She's an assassin character who should dash into the fight, use her stealth bubble, and dish out some damage, but not stay too long. She has excellent juking with her stealth, but that takes some skill.

Gangplank does damage mainly from his Q ability, Paaaaarley. He needs to build critical strike chance, and doesn't become a huge presence until later in the game. He's relatively squishy but does have an ability to heal him and remove a CC(crowd control) effect.

Kassadin is a burst character who, like Akali, shouldn't be in the fight for long. He builds AP and does great burst damage, but is also easily taken down. His ult, Riftwalk, is a blink move on a short cooldown, which allows him to get in a fight, do his burst, and get out.

Katarina is a strong character that can either be built AP or AD. She doesn't take a lot of skill to learn, and can dish out a lot of damage. Even if you build her AD, all of her skills do magic damage, even Bouncing Blades, which scales off of AD. She also has a blink move, Shunpo, but has to have a target enemy/ally to use it.

Nidalee is only a damage dealer if you build her AD. If you build her AP, you should be focusing more on heals and your spear, that way you can support your team and still do some burst. With AD Nidalee, you focus more on her cougar form, but since she is relatively squishy, she needs to be careful and not stay in the fight too long. She's a fun character but takes a bit more skill.

Olaf is a nice character who can soak up some damage while also dishing out a lot. He has a nice steroid skill, one that increases his attack speed and life steal and spell vamp. He has a true damage move(does the exact amount of damage that it says) and his ult makes him immune to CC for a good amount of time. He can basically stay in a fight while also being a threat. He works extremely well during the later stages of the game, but is okay throughout the whole game.

Pantheon, even with his nerfs, is still a great champion. Now you mainly focus on leveling his Q move, Spear Shot, and less on Heart Seeker Strike. He has a stun move and a global ult that teleports him to the targeted area and does some nice damage if anyone is caught near the center of it. He's squishy, though, and takes some time to learn.

Shaco is an assassin character. He has a blink that stealths him, and if he attacks while stealthed he does and auto critical strike for increased damage. He has some nice CC with his Jack in the Boxes and Two Shiv Poison(slow, fear). His ult makes a clone of him that follows him around(or you can control it with the alt key) and explodes when killed. He's very squishy, though, and stun will most likely kill him.

Udyr can jungle, for starters. That's a great advantage to the team. He can dish out some nice damage by stance dancing. His Bear Stance allows him to close the distance and stun. His Turtle Stance is a shield that gives him life steal and mana leech. His Phoenix Stance does a small AoE damage and increases his AP, and his tiger stance increases his attack speed, but splits his attack into three, smaller attacks. Overall, he's a good character.

Xin Zhao is a good character that, like Olaf, has survivability while also being able to dish out some great damage. He has a passive that heals him every third attack, a move that knocks an opponent into the air, a move that closes the distance and slows, and an AoE ultimate that gives him increased resistance and does damage based on health.

Now, for the champions in your RP guidelines I'm not going to go into so much detail, but for burst damage you have Annie(nice CC due to her passive), Cho'Gath(if you build him AP), Fiddlesticks(amazing AoE ult and great CC), Morgana(Nice snare, good team utility with black shield), Poppy(while mostly an AD character/tank, she does great burst), Ryze(a little weaker, but still a great choice with his upcoming buffs), Sion(if you build him AP), Veigar(requires farming up Baleful Strike, but has an AoE stun that's just great), and Zilean( bombs do great damage, and he also has nice team utility with his ult that revives whoever it targeted).

For more sustained, AD focused champions you have Ashe(nice CC and ult, but squishy and no escape move), Mundo(if you build him for attack speed, and even if you don't he still dishes out some nice damage), Garen(tanky character that has great damage), Jax(a good character that has a low CD stun that works off dodge, and a passive that makes him tanky), Kayle(has nice splash damage with he move that I forget, and good utility with her ult), Master Yi(requires farming, but once he does he just does amazing damage), Sivir(doesn't have amazing damage, but can hit everyone at once with Ricochet and is great at taking towers), Tristana(great ranged damage dealer that has an escape move), Twisted Fate(has a great stun, and an AoE move, does overall good damage and has a global reveal/teleport ultimate), and Warwick(can jungle, can be tanky if build right and has great lifesteal).

I know this is long, but I hope it helped!

Darksharkz

09-04-2010

The variety pack would help you solve a lot of problems imo on what to play with, but I would recommend Tristana as she's one of my favorite heroes so far with a low cost of 1350 IP. Sion is another good one I played on my friend's account; good CC, tank, plays as AP for 1350 too.

The poster above me covered most of everything, but the heroes I mentioned are the ones I have liked to play so far that might help you on what heroes to choose next to buy.

CrazyBolas

09-04-2010

Quote:
Darksharkz:
The variety pack would help you solve a lot of problems imo on what to play with, but I would recommend Tristana as she's one of my favorite heroes so far with a low cost of 1350 IP. Sion is another good one I played on my friend's account; good CC, tank, plays as AP for 1350 too.

The poster above me covered most of everything, but the heroes I mentioned are the ones I have liked to play so far that might help you on what heroes to choose next to buy.

Can't you just like them on facebook and get the riot girl tristana skin FREE? Which.. when you get the skin.. automatically also unlocks the hero?

Why pay for something free?

Darksharkz

09-04-2010

Yeah, I forgot about that too thanks for pointing that out also; Get Tristana for free if you can off of Facebook. I got the Collector's Pack at my electronics store for cheap so Tristana came with the variety pack I bought, and came with the Kayle Skin with it also; so I got the Tristana skin later after I bought the pack. I'm not thinking clearly tonight lol so excuse me.