Why is Teemo bad? (Can I see theorycrafts and not anecdotes?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

h4rdr0ck

09-04-2010

Its not that he's baaad, its that he's ez to countre...that and early game he's rippable like paper. There are some limited shrooming ways to avoid the oracle problem, like paying very close attention to view angles around cornering, and the edge of bushes, and if he gets cc'd once he is pretty much dead cause any smart enemy team can wipe him out in seconds...if the teemo isn't really really careful during teamfights, that is. That being said, I've kited a lot of enemy teams to their death cause they decided to chase, and chasing teemo for too long isn't smart xD.

MetalHev

09-04-2010

You know what I hate about him?
Toxic Shot doesn't apply Rylai's slow.

Unclephillip

09-04-2010

Jungle AP Teemo

/thread

Eninya

09-04-2010

Teemo seems more like a champion designed for a team with the goal of winning quickly in mind.

Flux Aureo

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
Range has a big factor as well, Teemo doesn't really have much of a lengthy poke outside of Blinding Dart to really contribute in teamfights, unless extremely fed

And unlike Trist/Ashe/Corki he can't really do much else in teamfights aside from Blinding Dart, autoattack and praying that the enemy runs into one of his mushrooms.

Am I missing something here?

I'll give Teemo some merit: He is a decent counterpick character to autoattack champions like Yi, but outside of that, I don't see much utility to his character. His only CC are a blind and a trap that requires people to walk on top of(which usually doesn't actually go off very often in team fights)
Try to build Teemo as Kog'Maw and you'll be surprised about his DPS.While I dont consider UP, he is still subpar,Move Quick is totally useless as an escape mechanism, like his passive.But boy, Mushrooms are totally fun to place.

BroForgotnglory

09-04-2010

Really from what i've seen its not so much a problem with teemo as it is the team around him. with a half competant ap teemo and a team that has atleast part of thier brain functioning, starting fights near a plethora of teemo mushrooms = a free ace. It also means that it is insanely hard for anyone on the enemy team to gank and or chase fleeing team memebers. Making ap teemo actually a really strong suppourt character without needing to be there.

However, in a game where teemos team cant push he is indeed useless. (as he has to set up his mushrooms and what not).

FuYA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Biggest problem with teemo is that some he has really only 1 Ability that is effective during Team Fights. If you have an enemy team that is fighting really well during team fights the only thing teemo can really do is blind people for a few seconds and attack from a distance. His poison stops being effective after a certain level. His move quick, is really just for running away. His Ultimate sometimes doesnt do anything at all, sometimes it gets some lucky kills. I can't even count how many times Ive seen the mushroom and just moved my dude around it, or other times when teemo didnt place it fast enough and i just ran past it. And then there are the other times when you are just walking in the jungle low on health and suddenly die.

So is Teemo horrible, well hes not horrible, he is certainly viable at Elo's lower than OVER 9000. He is just never gonna be on Elementz 5v5 Tier list higher than Tier 4. If your good with Teemo might aswell play him.

Dyingduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

What? Teemo is bad? no way. haha.

This was ranked game, in 1500s ELO. AP/Hybrid Teemo.

Edit: Downvotes. Haters. I am sorry if their vlad/garen weren't OP enough.

Devious Rogue

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuYA View Post
Biggest problem with teemo is that some he has really only 1 Ability that is effective during Team Fights. If you have an enemy team that is fighting really well during team fights the only thing teemo can really do is blind people for a few seconds and attack from a distance. His poison stops being effective after a certain level. His move quick, is really just for running away. His Ultimate sometimes doesnt do anything at all, sometimes it gets some lucky kills. I can't even count how many times Ive seen the mushroom and just moved my dude around it, or other times when teemo didnt place it fast enough and i just ran past it. And then there are the other times when you are just walking in the jungle low on health and suddenly die.

So is Teemo horrible, well hes not horrible, he is certainly viable at Elo's lower than OVER 9000. He is just never gonna be on Elementz 5v5 Tier list higher than Tier 4. If your good with Teemo might aswell play him.
^Win

SlyGoat

09-04-2010

He has no escape ability and only 1 spell with real combat application in team fights. If those two were rectified he'd be solid. That's really it.