STEALTH REWORK (details) HERE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RudahBR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-14-2012

Is this patch the current patch or next patch?

lucas012

07-14-2012

hello hope you are well
the reason for my query is that and played the beta with eve
and the truth is that I find very little that is useful

ie case has to be invisible if others can see, the area has a wide range is almost impossible to approach an enemy in stealth ,without being seen to come with an anticipation of 5 or 6 steps
On the other hand their new skills are very useful
but to be honest, give invisibility as this, which I find almost useless

if at least give him a stun of 0.75 Sec and would be something, but an invisible others may see more than 5 feet from her, not very useful, if on the other hand reduce the area and its invisibility that would otherwise of giving more freedom to the user, otherwise it is likely that the person ceases to be a really fun, and becomes a nuisance without offending
I prefer the classic eve

well, that my opinion
greetings and thank you very much for your time

Centrek

07-14-2012

I have to admit I am thoroughly impressed by Statikk, I'm not a big forums person. However Statikk's standpoint of the players will answer the REAL questions about balance and stuff really impressed me. It would be easy to give your view on something, or your experience, especially as a champion designer he has more experience with it than any of us yet. I just find that a very nice, refreshing response to questions about how viable they will be. Good on you sir ^_^ I look forward to these changes and more to come from Riot.

NotoriousMrBaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

i revise what i said earlier about twitch as i can see where your coming from. This being said, twitch needs longer range for his basic attacks if your shortening his stealth duration. before he could chill out and wait around for the perfect moment to strike, I.E. when his target was otherwise engaged. With short stealth (hopefully not too short!) he cant do that, and will still have to be well within the range of other ad carries or gap closing abilities, which unless you are making him way more resilient is tantamount to suicide.

LtEarthworm

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousMrBaker View Post
i revise what i said earlier about twitch as i can see where your coming from. This being said, twitch needs longer range for his basic attacks if your shortening his stealth duration. before he could chill out and wait around for the perfect moment to strike, I.E. when his target was otherwise engaged. With short stealth (hopefully not too short!) he cant do that, and will still have to be well within the range of other ad carries or gap closing abilities, which unless you are making him way more resilient is tantamount to suicide.
I think they said somewhere in this thread that they are increasing his AA range. I don't remember by how much though.

thegravedigger1

07-14-2012

this is very very nice...about time

Motics

07-14-2012

I actually play Eve as she is now, and the gameplay is just incredibly fun to me.

However, with this rework, I believe I'll have a much better time as Evelynn. I'm just waaaay too excited to play her.

Thanks Riot, and keep up the good work!

Keldia

07-14-2012

When you think about it, the enemy team is really just a set of five challenges that your team must overcome. The entire idea of what you build and which character selection you make is about what you feel could defeat those five challenges. Part of what makes our game exciting and fun is that critical building strategy you use is for the purpose of defeating those challenges the enemies possess via their builds and champion selections.

But now there is a real issue with Eve's new stealth. It completely invalidates a purchase in the store which used to be a tough choice but is instead decided for the players on the opposing team. Because oracles provides zero benefit against Eve, this has removed a tactical build option from the game as a result. It used to be that you face stealth Eve, and you have to think... okay do i get oracles detection for safety or do i get 400g more of my build early and skip the safety? Now this choice is completely made for the player and I feel that is a poor design move because it removes a type of strategy and risk from the game for players facing Eve.

However, there are two great ways that her autodetect radius could actually still work while still giving players that tactical choice of using oracles for an actual benefit against Eve:

1. Have Eve's autodetect aura reveal her after 2 seconds of her being nearby, unless you buy oracles which would make it an instant reveal instead.

2. Have Eve's autodetect aura at half the size of an oracles. So that purchasing oracles gives you twice the vision range on her.

Either one of these would recreate the tactical advantage to buying oracles which grants the opposing player more reaction time vs the risk of not buying oracles which results in less reaction time but saved gold for that players build. This is the essence of risk and a choice for the players that shouldn't be removed from the game. Please turn Oracles back into a tactical choice again vs Evelynn.

GFX Lampost

07-14-2012

So are the abilities gona work off of both ad and ap or just ap again...

Luffystar

07-14-2012

Yes!!, this is what i wanted more champions based around great risk for great reward the higher performance of the player and the better their skill and some stratagey to boot the higher the effectiveness of the champion,diminishing much more of its limits and allowing them much more versatility i like it :P