STEALTH REWORK (details) HERE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tchukchagas

07-14-2012

I believe these changes are necessary, the game will be much more competitive

Minion Strong

07-14-2012

but will eve ever get a good skin?

Ringmaster27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-14-2012

I look at Twitch and all I see is nerfs. First off, his old stealth (obviously) lasted much longer. With 4-8 seconds he can no longer scout bushes effectively. Also, his attack speed bonus only LASTS FOR 3 SECONDS now whereas it used to last up to 10. You said that one of the changes you wanted to make was to remake him so he would get max time right away. THIS IS MISLEADING because you completely nerfed the max time down to 3 seconds. Lastly, you've amped the cooldown on this ability to a whopping 16 seconds from 10. The only good thing is the move speed bonus, but lets face it, thats nothing compared to what you took away. Now he can't run as effectively because you are forced to blow your invis at the start of a fight and then not have it off of cooldown when you need to escape. At the very least an ability like this should take effect immediately rather then being delayed by 1.25 seconds.

His slow is now a skillshot with a very slow missile speed and a shorter range. It is now impossible to chase effectively because you can't hit a target that is running away from you at max range. With debilitating poison it was possible to chase someone who was far away and get that all important last shot in. Now this is impossible.

Finally, Spray and Pray, Twitch's bread and butter, is never going to be the same again. Not only has its range been decreased from 1100 to 850, which means that he is no longer safe in team fights and he can't reach the high value targets at the back. Aside from that, his damage to later targets is going down dramatically, which means that he can no longer effectively attack the carries with the same punch.

I will say that the improvements to his base states, specifically his range, are much welcome, but its hardly a silver lining compared to the rest. I haven't figured out the other improvements in that area (if there are any), but I doubt that i will be impressed. Perhaps this alone can make him a viable bot lane, but I have serious doubts.

My suggestions would be to lower the cooldown on his invisibility, and remove the delay, at the very least. Increasing the attach speed duration would be nice, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Also, increasing the missile speed on his slow would help a lot.

Riot, I wish that you would be more transparent with us. When you talk about this patch all you mention is the good parts, but you never tell us what or how much you are taking away. I feel like your making us wait a long time so that we forget how awesome some of these guys were, and you can get away with total nerfs.

Dark Flame Maste

07-14-2012

nooooooooooooooooo short term invs :'(

Fenwe

07-14-2012

I can finally pick twitch and eve again without getting trolled by my own team in champion selection and early gameplay, making it hard to have a fun and fair game.

Seemenaked

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringmaster27 View Post
I look at Twitch and all I see is nerfs. First off, his old stealth (obviously) lasted much longer. With 4-8 seconds he can no longer scout bushes effectively. Also, his attack speed bonus only LASTS FOR 3 SECONDS now whereas it used to last up to 10. You said that one of the changes you wanted to make was to remake him so he would get max time right away. THIS IS MISLEADING because you completely nerfed the max time down to 3 seconds. Lastly, you've amped the cooldown on this ability to a whopping 16 seconds from 10. The only good thing is the move speed bonus, but lets face it, thats nothing compared to what you took away. Now he can't run as effectively because you are forced to blow your invis at the start of a fight and then not have it off of cooldown when you need to escape. At the very least an ability like this should take effect immediately rather then being delayed by 1.25 seconds.

His slow is now a skillshot with a very slow missile speed and a shorter range. It is now impossible to chase effectively because you can't hit a target that is running away from you at max range. With debilitating poison it was possible to chase someone who was far away and get that all important last shot in. Now this is impossible.

Finally, Spray and Pray, Twitch's bread and butter, is never going to be the same again. Not only has its range been decreased from 1100 to 850, which means that he is no longer safe in team fights and he can't reach the high value targets at the back. Aside from that, his damage to later targets is going down dramatically, which means that he can no longer effectively attack the carries with the same punch.

I will say that the improvements to his base states, specifically his range, are much welcome, but its hardly a silver lining compared to the rest. I haven't figured out the other improvements in that area (if there are any), but I doubt that i will be impressed. Perhaps this alone can make him a viable bot lane, but I have serious doubts.

My suggestions would be to lower the cooldown on his invisibility, and remove the delay, at the very least. Increasing the attach speed duration would be nice, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Also, increasing the missile speed on his slow would help a lot.

Riot, I wish that you would be more transparent with us. When you talk about this patch all you mention is the good parts, but you never tell us what or how much you are taking away. I feel like your making us wait a long time so that we forget how awesome some of these guys were, and you can get away with total nerfs.
Notice how there hasn't been a new stealth champion made in the last two years. Riot has 0 love for stealth. What you are seeing is the rotation from 1 champion being completely useless (Eve) to another (Twitch). This patch will make Twitch **** near unplayable because as you stated everything that made him awesome is going away. No longer will you be able to scout or backdoor as effectively and when it comes to escaping, forget about it. Sadly I will probably never see another pentakill with my beloved rat. RIP Twitch. What's more is no one even cares, they are just excited to play a dumbed down Eve that is a fraction of what she used to be.

Cyndikate

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred321 View Post
Suppose eve is inside a bush, an enemy champion is outside it, but still inside the detection circle. Eve doesn't get detected, right?
Suppose now in the same situation the enemy champion has a green ward placed inside that bush, does eve get detected?
She can,

aurapenguin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

well to be honest, in the description for spray and pray is that he "rapidly fires his crossbow"
but his arrows shoot so slow.
maybe putting them on 2.5 att speed like jayce and his hyper charge

Kazus

07-14-2012

Hey Riot you forgot something, whats going to happen to Jax?

in the preview you mentioned Jax but didn't go into any details about whats going to happen to him, would you please clarify whats going to happen to him?

keloner

07-14-2012

Ok so you guys have revamped eve and twitch. Are you going to finally give eve new skins? She is one of the oldest champs and she has the least skins for her age, and the ones she does have are not that great. All I am asking is that you guys consider giving eve new skins.