STEALTH REWORK (details) HERE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamore

07-14-2012

perhaps make it so then Eve can only be seen by the player on the minimap/close to them? So then the whole team isn't clued into her whereabouts. Otherwise it will be very difficult to scout out of combat through the jungle and comes across a scattered, but close by team. Then once in combat she would be revealed and the whole team could see/fight her. A little more fair.

Zehph

07-14-2012

So the effin patch didn't even got out and i see a lot of QQ and all that NERF THIS! NERF THAT! Eve will be FotM OP gzus! These kids talk too much...

mindmelter

07-14-2012

woohoo more twitch fun for me now

Immabot

07-14-2012

posting because this must be a world record.

Zehph

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPaka View Post
Well i have to say i started playing AP Eve like a week before this news came out, and i loved her just the way she was. The ult refreshed with champion kill/assist, so if you only used it when you knew you could win, it was great. Her E if built with AP is just OP, slow + tons of damage. And i might be wrong, but she doesn't have any kind of heal for sustain now, does she? That heal from the ult really saved me from some teamfights, i will miss it.

I am excited to try out the new changes though, but i think the old Eve was still great. And the best part, she was overestimated, so nobody would be careful around me... he he, big mistake.

Anyways, i like the changes and can't wait for the patch to try her out. ^^
As far as i can see... She is more AD oriented now.... Cause the AP build was broken after the stun removal so she couldn't do squat alone... Then the AD build was vialble cause of the AS steroide Malice and Spite gives. With the new Stealth, Move and AS buffs in a Normal Skill and an AoE slow that gives her Def by Targets hit Number... She'll be a really tough fighter.... Even Tanky by the looks of it. You might have to relearn her completely pal!

lol I died again

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehph View Post
Even Tanky by the looks of it. You might have to relearn her completely pal!
God exists, and he abhors lol I died again.

SaniKyuu

07-14-2012

Okay so... enemy champions will see me when I get close to them? How is that any good? I'm not sure how well this is gonna work, but, Eve is one of my favorite champions and I often get good results playing with her (despite the instant negative attitude of players towards me) but she is built around scouting, thats her true power. She is meant to go roaming, and make the enemy fears her, lose time and money just to try to get rid of her.

I like her as she is, but I do not care much about the rework on her abilities, but this stealth rework really bothers me, how am I gonna be able to scout jungle? If a powerful jungler is in the bush, waiting for something, and I come across him, he will be able to see me? And by that, his whole team will also be able to see me and then I'm gonna get REALLY ****ED?! Come on, I understand (although I do not agree) the concept of these changes, but really? Close range vision on stealth? That's a broke system unless its a really close range. I trust you, but please, do not destroy Eve again, it took time for us, Evelynn Players, to figure out how she should be played nowadays, we do not want to have to relearn her, for the third time.

Morgana Only

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

QUESTION: So I recently played Eve on the PBE and noticed that when she activates her W for the speed boost she unstealths even though she is technically "Not in Combat" was this purposeful? if so would you care to explain why? it also deactivated my boots of mobility and I had to wait 3 secs for the ability to end and then another 5 before she got stealthed again. Being an old time Eve player I played Evelyn pre-and post nerf. I had success in playing Eve in many different roles (mainly post nerf) Eg. backdoor assassin, mobile ward support, semi-jungle melee carry just to name a few, back then you could use her ult and still remain stealthed. It seems that her main gap closer and escape ability (the w) puts her into combat, revealing her when she needs to be stealthed the most. Maybe I'm just using the ability for the wrong things, but I would like to know Riot's thoughts on this change.

BaronVoNewman

07-14-2012

Looks interesting thats for sure

Gamagoori Ira

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

I must say that I have been eagerly awaiting the stealth rework seeing as I've wanted to get in to using that mechanic to expand my understanding of League as a whole. Now that I've read through the thread and know the details to the best of my ability to retain them on what's going down, I am proud to say that I am not disappointed in the slightest. I'm impressed, even. A lot of work and shenanigans kept this from happening for quite a while, but it is finally taking place and it's bringing two champions back into play. Thank you all for your work behind it, and I hope it works as well as it looks on paper.