STEALTH REWORK (details) HERE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dwadwfr

07-11-2012

curses!! why must i be in china at a time like this!!!! now i have to wait for a month to see the new changes (my grandmother's computer doesnt support lol)

roflcer of lawl

07-11-2012

i personally disagree to the Eve changes. I know that you really are trying to do a good thing here but honestly you're just destroying all the fun things about eve that made her great. And you know what. It started a long time ago, when you removed her stun.

That stun gave her a real presence in group fights, she could sneak around to the real damage dealer and burst them down while everyone else was kept busy, fighting each other.
When that stun was removed, eve's presence in the game as being a fun, useful champion was basically taken away.

Even today she is a great AP nuke, if you are careful you can use your ulti to get to champion quickly, ravage and burst them down, and when you do her ulti refreshes giving you a nice getaway. Sure most good Eve players could adapt to these changes and pick their fights wisely.

I personally love the hit and run style that she has. Sure, its pretty tricky to kill any champ 1v1 that has a disable but that's part of the fun. Its rewarding when you pull it off successfully.

So you say,

Quote:
All in all, these changes make Evelynn a much more viable, flexible pick. She’s still a strong duelist and ganker thanks to her stealthy nature, enhanced mobility and high damage output. These new changes also give her some much-needed team fight presence.
I say, she used to have that flexibility and that team fight presence. It was there in the STUN. She doesn't need a remake, just give her the stun back; possibly a new skin and a written apology to Eve might help make it up.

She wasn't OP when you took her stun away, people were just to lazy to buy vision wards.

Please reconsider what you are about to do to eve.

Just my opinion. By all means rage away.

TheQueiroga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

Can you guys say more or less when the patch with those updates is coming? Maybe you already answered but I searched a lot and didn't find anything with a date (just that it is an upcoming patch).

EDIT: nevermind, they already told us when they are disabling the servers

VersedHorison

07-11-2012

Can a red please read and reply to this post?

Since Eve and Twitch are being 're-released' so to speak im sure that new skins for twitch and especially eve are bound to be on the way at some point, but not with the stealth patch. Now this might sound like a personal request but im sure a lot of Eve fans will agree. Can Riot make Evelynn's Masquerade skin available as a limited time offer when the patch is launched? In addition is that if riot could change the splash art on that particular skin to be the splash art on the Chinese server? I think that spash art is really, really awesome and I would love to be able to get it. I'm sure many Eve fans would agree. Now riot has said in the past that they may put legacy skins on sale for special occasions in the future. I feel this is a perfect time to do so, this patch has been coming for a long, long time and im sure Riot can be very proud to finaly have this comitiment completed. Since this is a very special occasion for not only Eve fans but for Riot, I feel this would be an excellent way to welcome back Evelynn to the Fields of Justice come patch day. So please thumbs this post up if you agree with me and keep bumping the thread, I'd really like to see this happen and I'm sure many Evelynn fans would agree with me. So lets all welcome back Eve in style.

Also the Masqurade Evelynn spash art from the Chinese server:

NVDax

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is pretty accurate. We didn't leave Eve knowingly nerfed because we didn't know how to buff her, we did it because true strategic stealth is an unacceptable mechanic to have be good in League.

A lot of us (myself included) like traditional stealth archetypes, but they cause tons of problems, and those problems simply outweigh the value of letting people play this character type. Even this new stealth is very powerful because it counters information retrieval on the map, and scales well between low and high tier play. If you're bad at Eve, it will really, really show now, but if you're good with her you're a clever son of a *****. It's really gratifying.
When will the remake on Twitch be posted? Morello pls,

MXDeadpoolXM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
The current goal is to target them for ability remakes (Twitch, Evelynn), or when we think a champion will spike in popularity (Pulsefire Ezreal). Otherwise, my team is split up a lot with focusing on eSports and casting.

What would you like to see, outside of the above guidelines?
A "featured champion of the month" or something around those lines would be really nice for newer players.

(Or you could even make it weekly using one of the free champs, but that sounds like a lot of work...)

EternalDarkSushi

07-11-2012

Eve carrying her stun made for pretty stale lanes, cause either people would have to waste oracles or wards for every lane, and it'd set up near-guaranteed kills mid with little ability to counter otherwise.

B11gD0gg

07-11-2012

Change is scary for an average player like me. Means it will probably take me twice as long to be good with twitch and eve again than it will for other players. I was above average with both those guys.

~I love assassins... All of them.

Skweeg

07-11-2012

I think the Eve remake was a bad idea.. With the remake, she's going to be a GREAT jungler. She bypasses sight wards, causing her ganks to be unstoppable if the team doesn't have a vision ward. And she has a gap closer. Also, her counter-jungling will be phenomenal because of her being able to be undetected by wards.

What I think should happen is they should just reduce the range at which the wards can see her rather than making her undetectable at all by them. This would cause the players to think more about where to put the wards, adding more strategy to the game.

alfavhunter

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
10.............but I may be biased. =O

Her new ultimate gives her level 6 gank some real sting and Jatt having playtested her a lot has compared her level 6 gank effectiveness to even Nocturne when mastered.

Later on, it gives her a huge team fight presence that the enemy team needs to be aware of and deal with.
is eve going to be able to activate3 her Dark Frenzy and remained stealthed? say if she is noticed getting ready to gank a team fight from behind, then she runs (befor getting hit out of stealth) and uses Dark Frenzy to prevent being caught