STEALTH REWORK (details) HERE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CombustablePanda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centicerise View Post
I have a question regarding the mechanics of the new stealth. If an enemy champ puts a green ward in a bush and walks near the bush where a stealthed eve is waiting
does he see eve?
or does he have to go in the bush to see eve?
Answered already, she is only revealed by Vision Wards and by nearby Champions.

pinkfluffybunnie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

im alittle sad i loved Debilitating Poison ....i will miss you old twitch...

Xalrons

07-11-2012

is your intention to have eve's primary/best role be a jungler?

Brad122

07-11-2012

I like these Eve changes, I really do. But the only thing that I don't quite like is the change to the stealth. With the detection range being as large as it is it almost feels a bit pointless; The second she steps out of the river bush to gank pretty much means she's been spotted. Which means she hides in bushes... Just like any other champion does. It feels as if the stealth only lets her traverse the river undetected by green wards... And if she's as strong as implied then pink wards will be purchased instead. Thus that river-traversing ability is long gone. At least champs with short duration stealth can come out of the bush with the stealth effect so they can move into position and get a proper gank. With Eve she can just... Run out there and hit someone, being spotted the second she walks out of the bush just like any other jungler. Top that with the fact that she doesn't have any form of gap closer makes me feel she won't be too great..

Lemano

07-11-2012

@Statikk

What was the decision making process around removing Eve's stun through shadow walk and giving her a movement speed steroid along with movement impairing immunity?

hkgpeanut

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad122 View Post
I like these Eve changes, I really do. But the only thing that I don't quite like is the change to the stealth. With the detection range being as large as it is it almost feels a bit pointless; The second she steps out of the river bush to gank pretty much means she's been spotted. Which means she hides in bushes... Just like any other champion does. It feels as if the stealth only lets her traverse the river undetected by green wards... And if she's as strong as implied then pink wards will be purchased instead. Thus that river-traversing ability is long gone. At least champs with short duration stealth can come out of the bush with the stealth effect so they can move into position and get a proper gank. With Eve she can just... Run out there and hit someone, being spotted the second she walks out of the bush just like any other jungler. Top that with the fact that she doesn't have any form of gap closer makes me feel she won't be too great..
That's the problem, but i think i will try to use Eve after remake as jungler, but only gank bot or top lane via the side bush.
For mid lane.... sry you are on your own lol

Spooner2

07-11-2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't nerf twitch's stealth! He is not a SHACO!

Groxo

07-11-2012

Please dont do this to Twitch.... dont do these changes. you're going to nerf his late game by changing his ult. dont completely change him like you did to Ryze, wtf.

Titiln

07-11-2012

^Isn't Ryze better than ever?..

Riot, please, Heimer, Ziggs, and Xerath next.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-11-2012
53 of 54 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeIse View Post
How do I put this...?

You're right, it is not beneficial. But that's exactly the point. Do you remember why Eve was nerfed and stayed nerfed? Because of her stun, and stealth. Stealth is powerful by itself, and requires you to purchase a fairly expensive item to be able to counterplay it. At that point, Stealth itself loses a lot of value. But because Stealth was otherwise very powerful, it otherwise prevented Riot from giving her a proper kit.

So now that her version of stealth no longer needs item counterplay beyond Pink Wards (and they no longer are required to be placed in lane), she can be buffed like a normal Champion. Forget about old Eve and her problems. New Eve has; a Move Quick-like ability with a stacking MS buff, a longer ranged Hate Spike that strikes more targets (they cited double the range, which brings it close to Talon's Rake), and a ranged slow that grants her durability. Those all sound very beneficial to her.

You need to disassociate her stealth with engaging targets in melee range. She uses it to approach unseen now, and uses her movement speed buff to close the gap. Volibear does so quite well, if you recall? From a farther range than 650, at that.

tl;dr; Yes she has nerfed stealth, she has a better kit to compensate and her new MS steroid will lessen the blow of the detection range. She now needs to engage and fight targets like Shyvana or Mundo would, but has the advantage of bypassing wards.
This is pretty accurate. We didn't leave Eve knowingly nerfed because we didn't know how to buff her, we did it because true strategic stealth is an unacceptable mechanic to have be good in League.

A lot of us (myself included) like traditional stealth archetypes, but they cause tons of problems, and those problems simply outweigh the value of letting people play this character type. Even this new stealth is very powerful because it counters information retrieval on the map, and scales well between low and high tier play. If you're bad at Eve, it will really, really show now, but if you're good with her you're a clever son of a *****. It's really gratifying.