Last Hitting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Phoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Sometimes autoattacking is essential, like for champs that need to lifesteal.

Korpzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruyan View Post
auto attack is good on most people. but im not last hitting on morde. eff that. im pushing all these minions cause im gonna easily kill 3/4 of the wave while pushign you back to the tower and then taking potshots at you with my aoe/putting shield on a minion to screw up your last hitting.
exactly, it depends on who your playing and who your vs as well

Kinkybear

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagukin View Post
The problem with last hitting is that if your enemy doesn't last hit too , your lane will be overrun
Let them push, you are tucked up under you tower in safety while they stand out vulnerable to ganks. Just learn how to judge last hits while your tower is attacking. As long as you aren't allowing them to wail on your tower its all gravy.

Sisaroth

09-04-2010

You'll out-elo them soon, no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagukin View Post
The problem with last hitting is that if your enemy doesn't last hit too , your lane will be overrun
Just attack enemy champions when possible or auto-attack to keep the creeps just out of your tower's range, but of course still try to get the last hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phoenix View Post
Sometimes autoattacking is essential, like for champs that need to lifesteal.
That's why you should NEVER buy lifesteal as a first item, dorans blade is just for the damage and the HP.

cooksta

09-04-2010

+1

There's the opposite case though, were you push like crazy and starting actually getting towers down on health, by the time you get to level 5-6 you can start diving and getting kills and 5 minute towers.

That being said, there's only a few champions/comps who can actually perform that tactic succesfully.Too many people don't understand how sketchy pushing past river can get, and you have a better advantage being closer to your tower in earlier levels.

Then there's the complete opposite to the first strategy which is sitting by tower the entire laning phase and being completely passive with zoning and harrassment, and getting dominated at 5-6.

It's all about adapting to the situation at hand and finding the right balance.

cattlekiller

09-04-2010

Last hitting is very dumb design imo. Why should a team wanting to end the game be punished ? I wish they would change the whole my tower killed all the minions i get the same XP as the guy who killed all of his.They should have it if your tower gets the kills you get less or even 0 XP for your tower kills.Every champion has skills the kill minions , he would have to balance the need to kill champions and level up via killing minions. It would keep this game up front and less gank central on what it has become.

When someone leaves a game before 25 mins, the 4 man team can sit on the towers to drag the game on for ages, they will end up losing but wasting time. Killing the nexus is final goal , killing champions are good to get them out of the way so you can kill the nexus.

Sardoni

09-04-2010

If there were denying in this game I might be more prone to agree with you wholeheartedly. Then again in the other game that's out now I get bored very easily because it's 4 people... sitting there... watching creeps fight and then trying to deny/last hit. Kinda silly in a way to have champions just sitting there... staring each other down and only attacking creeps when it's convenient.

Last hitting is definitely a smart way to allow creep waves to build up, but if you're not in a position to let them build up I say it's ultimately situational to your lane set up and lane partner. For instance if a team fight is brewing mid and you have to clear top to go en route join in it's pretty silly to just sit there and last hit when you need to be elsewhere.

I think you were referring to early game though. I think the tip most people need is not to waste mana/energy on creep waves and conserve for champions. But that's a different issue than just last hitting.

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

09-04-2010

Last hitting is a solid tactic.

However, don't yell at a pusher/farmer who is auto-attacking because they are doing their job and they are likely also last hitting and leveling at a much higher rate than your opponent. Some champions can simply pump one ability slot until it is maxed and be viable. Others need the full complement and will start to own an opponent when they are 1-3 levels higher (because of pushing) and have their full ability spread.

Poochy

09-04-2010

last hit during 2v1 lanes

Fiddlecog

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatersDC View Post
So I think that most people who browse the forums know what last hitting is. For anyone who doesn't, it's the process of (only) attacking creeps when they are one blow from death, so that you deal the killing blow and get the gold. Last hitting is the opposite of auto-attacking, or auto-ing.

The advantages of last-hitting are simple: (1) you get more gold, (2) you make yourself less vulnerable to ganks, (3) you make the enemy more vulnerable to ganks, (4) you have the potential to zone the enemy out of EXP range.

Why does it seem like nobody in solo queue understands this concept? I usually try to explain it to my teammates but they don't seem to get it.

I laned with a Taric who auto'd a lot, and I asked him to stop pushing the lane so much. He responded that he needed to attack to regain mana. I thought "fair enough", but I also observed him auto-ing with full mana.

I laned with a Nidalee who auto'd non-stop, using her attack speed buff to auto-attack faster. I asked her to focus on last-hitting. She responded "but i need gold". I told her she will get more gold by only attacking when the creep is near death. She responded "that's what i'm doing". I told her "sorry but I've been watching and you're not". She responded "whatever ignored".

It's really annoying when I'm forced to overextend past the river when they have a Shaco/Warwick/etc., because my lane partner is pushing like crazy and I'll be zoned out of EXP if I stay in safe territory.
You sound like a total ass.