Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Offline mode suggestion

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KalbG3an

Junior Member

07-10-2012

Hey all,

I would like to state my suggestion wich is a offline mode for League of Legends,
The reason behind this suggestion is that I usually encounter a high ping (arround 700)
daily after 3 P.M

The whole point of this, "mode", is to allow people to be able to play League of Legends offline
having no troubles at all with the connection. Also, since the bots is pre-programmed to the client
I think we could have bots in it too.

Thanks in advance, I hope you take my suggestion in consdiration.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanaticmogg

Senior Member

07-10-2012

Of course, there would be no way to track IP and XP and wins/losses without giving opportunities for hax, so it would have to be just for practice and fun, but I think this is a good idea - like TF2's Offline Practice mode. In addition, I'd like to reccommend a LAN play mode, with players being able to host their own games on a LAN network to play for fun without IP rewards. It would make League an even better choice for larger LAN parties.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoomScar

Senior Member

07-10-2012

Quote:
Fanaticmogg:
Of course, there would be no way to track IP and XP and wins/losses without giving opportunities for hax, so it would have to be just for practice and fun, but I think this is a good idea - like TF2's Offline Practice mode. In addition, I'd like to reccommend a LAN play mode, with players being able to host their own games on a LAN network to play for fun without IP rewards. It would make League an even better choice for larger LAN parties.


^This.

Also, about the IP tracking system. I'm sure it would be easy to do that because there's still a thing called "Match History". They can just save it locally in your computer, and once you log in online, the client detects it and gives you the IP.

And also, I support this thread.bumpbumpbumpbump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackTNT

Junior Member

07-12-2012

awesome suggestion

somtimes i have the same problem

or myabe riot should fix the ping problem because i have never played a game with less than 300 ping ....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monoream

Member

07-13-2012

This is really good suggestion, cause me an my friends play Call of Duty LAN often on the bus, being able to play LoL would be great.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryan Lee

Junior Member

07-15-2012

Whoa, this is a really good idea!! Always have this problem. x__x
Riot, please implement this into the game!
Whooo, I support this thread.
buump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryan Lee

Junior Member

07-15-2012

Whoa really good idea, I support this thread too. Riot pleease implement this into the game! Would make all of our lives easier
Buump!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SU kluklu

Senior Member

07-15-2012

Quote:
DoomScar:
^This.

Also, about the IP tracking system. I'm sure it would be easy to do that because there's still a thing called "Match History". They can just save it locally in your computer, and once you log in online, the client detects it and gives you the IP.

And also, I support this thread.bumpbumpbumpbump


Saving information like that locally to record your games allows a hacker to gain easy access to those files and alter them... one could easily give themselves an infinite amount of wins once they find the file and change it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eblan0r

Junior Member

07-19-2012

I like this idea, especially since the servers are offline. Though as the previous poster said, you really couldn't have it update online stats as it opens a window for abuse. Just a practice mode to dink around with would be nice though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanaticmogg

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Kevinthenoob:
Saving information like that locally to record your games allows a hacker to gain easy access to those files and alter them... one could easily give themselves an infinite amount of wins once they find the file and change it


^

The first rule of preventing cheating online is to not trust the client. The main servers are (almost) guaranteed to be secure and unmodified. The client... not so much.


123