Jayce Lore: Updated

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thresholden

07-10-2012

Better. One part you should emphasize more is that Jayce destroyed a valuable power source. Some scientist, eh? Viktor ought to downright furious at Jayce's approach towards science. Its a clashing of "do no evil" vs. "ends justify the means."

Borkcire

07-10-2012

I approve... so far.

JayBrundage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Looking over this it seems well done. I do like it better then the original story well done.

NamKim

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
A good improvement but I'm still a bit annoyed by the stealing part since Viktor is still stealing something, albeit now is a resource so at least he is not stealing any tech which is a welcome change since that was the most aggravating part of the old Jayce lore.
The idea that Viktor's morality is starting to slip for his ultimate goal is believable. Whenever we have a ultimate goal, sometimes the result is all that matters. The Arcane Power Crystal was a power source that would greatly advanced the glorious revolution. However, due to its rarity, Viktor probably concluded that it was easiest to take the crystal from Jayce. The Arcane Power Crystal was wasted on "inferior minds of the flesh" such as Jayce.

This is probably what Viktor thought. Jayce is working on a rare and powerful power source. This power source would greatly advanced the "glorious revolution." The power source being rare made taking Jayce's crystal the most logical choice. He offered Jayce the chance to join him since Jayce might have been inferior, but he showed potential. Jayce refused to join Viktor. As far as Viktor was concern, Jayce was an obstacle that is between him and his "glorious revolution." Jayce used his powers to fight Viktor. Jayce was willing to destroy a valuable power source just so Viktor could be stopped. Due this this action, Viktor now sees Jayce as a threat to his "glorious revolution" and must be removed. Jayce sees Viktor as a threat to all inventors and scientists and perhaps science itself.

This does a much better job setting up this "Viktor vs. Jayce" conflict that Riot was talking about before. It makes me want to see what will happen in the future. It makes Jayce a far more likable champion while not stealing any fame for Viktor. If anything, the conflict could have actually increased both's popularity.

That is just my opinion.

BMZieg

07-10-2012

Much better, thank you Riot.

Ebonmaw Dragon

07-10-2012

Nice

Andarel

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailbro View Post
Could you show the old one so we can compare?
Some of us haven't really been paying attention to this topic
Check his champ page.

splicedrice

07-10-2012

So much better than the original ^^

Tripwire78

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

The initial arguement in http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2312919 was most definitely valid, and I agreed with him.

This lore re-work is much better and I think keeps Viktor with the image of the villain but not a push-over nor a complete hypocrite. This lore also I think, really does help Jayce not seem like a cheesy "cartoon superhero."

Much better.

Myrmidont

07-10-2012

"Jayce refused, but the Zaunite had no intention of leaving empty handed. He effortlessly blasted Jayce aside and seized the crystal, incinerating the lab's meager security force as he left for Zaun."

this line is worded in a way that makes the transition from the offer-> theft a bit awkward to read in my opinion....Did Jayce just show him the cyrstal or was it on a pedestal for any foreign nation's scientist to see?

I would figure he'd have brought an offering of peace and jayce shows it then Jayce gets an under the table offer (being a fellow scientist after all they should share this vision)...having not agreed with his great vision, insulted an infuriated idealist Viktor sorta goes all rebel on his ass and steals it to progress society for those too weak to share his vision

The lab/acolytes thing should mention them being augmented or something with the new cyrstal power...SOMETHING along those lines to at least show that the crystal was a threat, hell even make a mention of him being disgusted by it because they looked like singed's plague victims or something add even more cross lore referencing if it makes sense (being from piltover i dunno if it does)

12345612 ... 16