[Request] Alternate methods of "carrying"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2xHero

11-06-2009

TL;DR - How can I beat 5-man physical dps teams when paired with players who don't comprehend teamwork?

To start, I almost always solo queue. I suppose that finding some good people to play with would help me a lot, but I play at weird hours.

My main question is what are some ways that I could carry without being a physical DPS champion. Honestly, I hate playing as physical DPS types and think they are very boring to play.

I've tried "carrying" as a pusher hero, but that is trumped by 5-man gank.
I've tried spell-casters, but that gets trumped by abundant MR and lack of Magic Pen.
I've tried tanks, but I don't see how tanks really have a chance to carry when built as a tank.
Even incredible initiators like Amumu and Malphite require a team that will attack after you initiate.

It feels like I am in a very low ELO bracket because every game has about 9 physical DPS guys and then me. Every game is about the same. Allies who aren't in my lane die a few times, giving the other team the advantage. Then, the other team is gank earlier because they are at a higher level. Then, someone on my team (other than me) for some reason thinks they can win 3v1 and fails repeatedly. Then, the other team pretty much rolls around as a 5-man and breaks all our towers.

I just don't understand how team of 5 DPSers can be so hard to beat.

dreamenddischarger

11-06-2009

you make premades.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

try twitch bd strats. force your enemies to split up.

Achenpach

11-06-2009

Shaco rapes hard too if ure enemies are not coordinated well

GNOY

11-06-2009

From yor post I can think that you: Have terrible teammates which dont know about teamwork and picking balanced team. The consequence : DPS get overfarmed/overfeeded. Then its gg.

Decision: Either get higher ELO where ppl not so retarded or get a Pre-Made with friends. As a side note - try Jax, he is good counter to most DPS characters with his dodge and awesome skills. But you will need at least someone who will tank for you. So in case you have at least some decent players, try Jax vs all dps team.

smokeD

11-06-2009

If your team really sucks that badly, what you should do is ignore your team and get farmed up. Either set up ganks by yourself, or just run through lanes always farming. Tanks can carry very well, and spellcasters can carry exceptionally also. It is not the base stats that determine a characters carry potential it is the items you go. If you pick a tank, try going for health items early than going straight damage. For example Singed, go Regrowth Pendant -> Philospher's Stone -> Sunfire Cape -> Infinity Edge, it all depends on your team and your enemies team. If you see many low health dpser's go full tank but get only Sunfire Capes. This may seem stupid but they stack and the DPS is ridiculous and oy won't have to do anything. This may seem cheap, but cheap is encouraged sometimes. For example backdooring...