Who has the right to pick the role when you have 1st pick and/or call in chat?

The one who has 1st pick can decide whatever he wants to play. 98 79.67%
If you call it in the chat. 25 20.33%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

First pick or Call in the chat?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hympos

07-10-2012

So I had this situation today, I was going to pick Nunu jungle and I called it in the chat like:

[Me]: Jungle.

First thing in the chat ever said. But to my surprise, i had the 3rd pick while 1st pick picked a jungle yi.

Whole team insulted me because i wanted to jungle and since i called it i though i had the right to be a jungler but it seems that only because im not in the 1st pick i dont have the right to be it.

Whats worse is that, in that chat someone dodged so in the next queue i was stucked with the guy that was 1st pick before (Yi) and another guy that was with us insulting me.

Now that second guy said: "Yi is jungle." , Yi replied "Thank you", and when i called why he was jungle and i wasnt, they replied "Because i called it first for him".

So no the chatting matters, but when i picked i didnt...

And whats even worse, not only someone dodged that second time (because someone DC i think) but when i get into a new queue again, my Yi pal is there again, and since i called jungle first, he bans nunu...

This is beyond fair I think, but whatever...

TL;DR: So this is my question, what does really have more importance at the time of picking roles, your position in the line or the matter that you call your role in the chat?

Is it fair for the one who calls a role in the chat to be moved aside by the first or second pick just because its their turn to pick and not yours?

Cytrial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Get a higher elo to pick first.

Thundurthize

07-10-2012

Why did you continue to call jungle when you knew this guy was picking first, wanted to jungle, and had shown that he was willing to ignore your request already?

Galactic Teemo

07-10-2012

It really is based on picking order, "calling" your lane does nothing but let your team know what lane you do best in.

SnowmanTechie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Must be nice to have too many jungles in the group, usually I have a group whining because we don't have a jungle and "need" one, but none of them can do it.

TheIcyPenguin

07-10-2012

whoever is highest on the picking list gets to choose their role. sad but true.

Zairex

07-10-2012

I think it's important to play what you're best with, and if there is a player who is better at a specific role, you should let them play it.

Máx

07-10-2012

Whoever is higher in the pick order has priority. Not sure why people still can't comprehend this.

Poisonpowder

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hympos View Post
i though i had the right to be a jungler
There's your problem.

My rule of thumb is that I call preferences (e.g. "can go anywhere, prefer mid") and am always willing to pick something else if someone first picks it.

Sidenote: first pick mids should die in a hole

ExiIed Morgana

07-10-2012

I feel like first pick has the final say in it, although they might think to at least consider your request. Calling it doesn't give you any rights.

12345 ... 6