Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

target champions only keybind?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

07-10-2012

Someone plz explain how it works exactly and how to use it to its greatest effect.

Poseidos

07-10-2012

Eh... you mean smartcast ?
...like, you press a spell and you don't need to click ?
Go in keybind - > Smart cast spell 1 2 3 4 and change them for QWER

Warrrrax

07-10-2012

Normally you click a button and a curser appears along with a targeting range or skillshot reticle.

In smartcast when you press teh button it casts immediately at whatever you have moused over. I recommend moving to smartcast as it is much faster to use. Especially since LoL doesnt always accept your commands due to its queue system and being silenced/knockedup/etc tends to mess up your spellcasting with the traditional way.

Duhizy

07-10-2012

no there is a specific single keybind called "target champions only" or something along those lines that is binded by default to this " [`] " and was newly added in the latest patch, my issue is that nor i or anyone else knows exactly what it does exactly.

Warrrrax

07-10-2012

Hmm. I haven't seen that one. Maybe that is to help avoid stupid **** like when you nuke a stupid CREEP instead of killing the enemy champ. Like they did by changing Ignite to not work on creeps anymore.

Ill have to play around with it. Maybe you bind it to like your ALT key or something and then whenever its held down, you can only target champs? That would seem to be the most likely scenario.

goremote

07-10-2012

Quote:
Warrrrax:
Hmm. I haven't seen that one. Maybe that is to help avoid stupid **** like when you nuke a stupid CREEP instead of killing the enemy champ. Like they did by changing Ignite to not work on creeps anymore.

Ill have to play around with it. Maybe you bind it to like your ALT key or something and then whenever its held down, you can only target champs? That would seem to be the most likely scenario.

There is a button that you can hold down to only target champs -- the ` key. On an American keyboard, it's the button just to the left of the 1 key, and right above Tab. This is also the ~ button.

When this button is held down, you cannot target minions at all. Is this stupidly useful? Yes. Is it awkward as **** to hold down this button and cast at the same time? Yes. I'd suggest rebinding it to something a little more in-reach (tab, maybe -- I don't recommend capslock or shift).

I recommend watching this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcpRl0kZnY0&feature=plcp) guy's series on tips and tricks in LoL. The `-key trick, among many others, are mentioned.

EDIT: whoops, wrong link. should be fixed now.

Menisz

09-15-2013

Quote:
Warrrrax:
Normally you click a button and a curser appears along with a targeting range or skillshot reticle.

In smartcast when you press teh button it casts immediately at whatever you have moused over. I recommend moving to smartcast as it is much faster to use. Especially since LoL doesnt always accept your commands due to its queue system and being silenced/knockedup/etc tends to mess up your spellcasting with the traditional way.

You know how youre chasing an enemy champion and they are close to being last hitted?

Well sometimes you mis click and hit minions. And you just lost a kill because you accidentally clicked a minion

I Have 1 Gear GO

09-15-2013

Is this bind a toggle or is it something you hold down to keep up

GOLDENBOOTY

10-08-2013

Yeah It needs to be explained more thoroughly please