3 laners Vs 2 laners + jungler

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Taco Storm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Lead

07-10-2012
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryogen1x View Post
@3, it definitely is worth it, but I almost never see a jungler soloing dragon.. ever. Unless the rest of the team manages to distract in a 2v3, the jungler will almost never get the chance to get dragon alone. It's too risky, especially at early levels. And, at least in the mindset of the casual 3s player, if you need more than one person to securely take dragon, why bother having a jungler anyway?
We've had pretty good success getting an early dragon with fiddles top lane and shyvana jungle. Fiddles is ridiculous when it comes to tanking that dragon, and they never expect it that early on. Mind you, that was at low Elos

Shentok

07-10-2012

Of course jungling is worth it in any respectable pick situation, but you need to do a revamp of it similar to what was done for SR I think. For people who are starting 3s, it's almost impossible to do it efficiently without the right runes/masteries.

TheChief

07-10-2012

Man, truth be told I had forgotten about TT. I need to play it more. Me and 2 of my friends got pretty good at TT (mostly because one has Tryndamere as his main and he's kinda good on TT). But we never had a jungler and anytime we went against one, we won.

Wheredigo

07-10-2012

Honestly i've see it both ways. i honestly prefer 2 laner and jungle over 3 lanes. but then you have to look at the lanes. are they going 2 top 1 bot or 1 top 2 bottom. the ladder is worthless. no jungle control and xp split is pretty sad.

2 top lane however can be pretty nice. split the middle jungle and top jungle for the extra xp, or a complete counter jungle. which i've been wrecked by. with the distances on the 3's map being so short it's easy for top lane to not call out an mia in time as your on their side of the jungle. also i think we can all agree that dragon and buff control will win you the game almost 100% of the time unless they have amazing turtle chars. my favorite being veigar. hour and a half game, i was 1 shotting anyone on their team

Fat of the Land

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Because the junglers you can play on TT and thrive are very limited compared to SR. Sometimes people would just rather not play those champions.

Renovate the jungle pls.

Realyst

07-10-2012

The jungle advantage isn't even all that large honestly. If top lane is a jungling bruiser, and rushes Wriggles, he will have his Wriggles by level 5-6 and will become a jungler afterwards. All you lose is 1 set of jungle buffs and maybe 1.5 levels advantage.

Nuclear Titbit

Recruiter

07-10-2012

Red buff and dragon always warded in decent teams. And red buff is warded for 90% of the game even in normals. Very little room to hide for jungler. 2v1 bot lane with a ward at red and drag is far better than having a jungler imo. 150 gold to shut down 1 person is too strong.

Only Bruisers

Recruiter

07-10-2012

Well simply put if i see the enemy team has a jungler in blind pick i just put a ward right above dragon, and if i feel i its needed, in the bush at the very top of the jungle, you can use your imagination for how that turns out.

NicknameMy

07-10-2012

Actually, just play Darius, freewin. Regardless if the enemy picks a jungler or not.

Shentok

07-10-2012

Do you think I could add you in-game Taco Storm? It would be nice to watch ranked 3s since it's not on the list of featured matches.