Alistar build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bumblebump

07-09-2012

Hey folks!!
Unlocked Alistar and started using him recently. I just want to know a good build for this guy. I checked here http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-cc-king-97131

so just wandering what play style do you reccomend for alistar and most of all what build helped you save your arse countless times.

MeltedWater

07-09-2012

The goal isn't to save YOUR arse...it's to save others'.

I can support bot, jungle, or solo top; but prefer support bot. I start with Faerie Charm, 2 Sight Wards, 1 Health Potion, and 3 Mana Potions. What I get when I go back depends on what I need most. If I'm dying to physical or magical attacks, I'll get Cloth Armor or Null Magic Mantle, respectively. If I'm doing fine, I'll get Philosopher's Stone. If I need mana (and with this nerf, that's becoming more often) I'll get Chalice of Harmony. Essentially, I want to end up with: Boots of Swiftness (almost always), Randuin's Omen and/or Frozen Heart (with a strong emphasis on Randuin's for utility; especially if you have a Chalice), Force of Nature (only if necessary), Chalice of Harmony/Athene's Unholy Grail, sometimes Frozen Mallet, Warmog's (ONLY if they have a LOT of true damage), Chainmail in rare circumstances, and Shurelya's Reverie sometimes as a last item if I'm the only support. Oh, and also sometimes Aegis if I'm the only support. But sometimes there's another so I don't need those, but in general if I'm the only tank I won't get them because I need to be more tanky first.

What I do in lane is harass the **** out of people and try to set up kills. Build tanky early so they don't hurt much. Top lane I play more passive if I have to, and can easily get kills at my turret. If jungling, I gank early and often because that's what Alsitar does best. In team fights, I pulverize to intiate or after someone else intiates, headbutt someone into the team to die or away from someone on my team that is almost dead, and use Randuin's when necessary. I also heal CONSTANTLY when it's up, and ult when I start getting focused.

Hope that helped. Add me in-game if you want more help!

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

i liked playing tri force alistar mid shuts down most mages shame they nerfed his heal