Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

?

Yes 164 50%
No 164 50%
Voters 328 .

Is Ryze balanced?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuzzJack

07-09-2012

Blame spellvamp, not Ryze.

Grabnork

07-09-2012

Quote:
Niceguydan8:
Akali will not hypercarry in a late game situation like the other champions you mentioned.

You've never played with a good Akali then with 700 AP + Lichbane. AP carry? 3 shot Q>Gunblade>R>proc Q. AD carry? 3 shot Q>Ignite>R>proc Q. Support? 3 shot Q>R>proc Q

She'll still have 3 ults, so unless you've got someone like Shyvana who gets passive MR, or you haven't been stacking 200+ MR, you're gonna melt. Obviously if she goes in solo she'll die, but no one can 1v1 a fed Akali lategame unless your name is Veigar and you can stun and ult her before she 100->0 you in 1.3 seconds. If you kill the support oracles, they're in the dark.

It's not applicable to team comps that have tons of HP, but then again, what is? Kog'Maw?

MiMi luvluv

07-09-2012

bump

Arcus Veles

Recruiter

07-09-2012

Hurry everyone, bunch up so he can use his ult + WotA to spell vamp off of all of us simultaneously with all of his AoE splash!

donkeykong98123

07-09-2012

Quote:
kirafa:
Cooldowns? What cooldowns?

Btw, dat Tear will give you endless mana.

Also, if you're building him right by building mana, you will never have to worry about going oom.

If you're a good Ryze player you'll constantly be dishing out spells no matter what the **** you're dishing out on just to charge your tear. Except early game, where you WILL run out of mana. And to the Ryze haters, you're all stupid and don't understand that..... Ryze needs items....... He has a ****ing bad early game...... take advantage of that, shut him down early, over level him, kill him tons, he can't CS or get gold without getting GP5(which you'd never do because that ****s up your build) and he can't get items which he needs to do any damage. RYZES MAIN DAMAGE IS HIS Q, which NEEDS items to scale off of as his base power ****ing sucks for it.

TL;DR Shut him down early, he can't get gold, he can't get items, he falls off and sucks.

donkeykong98123

07-09-2012

Quote:
iGNhere:
Did you honestly just call Ryze squishy. How the hell are you building Ryze?

EARLY GAME, he's squishy until he gets FH, Roa, and BV.

MiMi luvluv

07-09-2012

Quote:
donkeykong98123:
EARLY GAME, he's squishy until he gets FH, Roa, and BV.

isn't almost every mid squishy early game? lol

Superalex121

07-09-2012

Quote:
MiMi luvluv:
i disagree you need a lot of skill to manage his cooldowns and mana

and he's squishy so you have to position well

@the downvoters: WOOOOOOOOSH

People still don't understand sarcasm..

SaveTheMaids

07-10-2012

For how OP people say he is, I rarely ever see a good Ryze.

I see good Shens, Lee Sins, Rivens, Ahris, Morganas all the time.

Most Ryze players just feed.
I almost feel like dodging whenever I see him at champ select.

Kind of like Annie, I think he has a higher skill cap than it seems at first glance.
I see a lot of instalock Annies do badly as well.

Moosin

07-10-2012

Quote:
l Hav Warts:
Hell no. Him and Shen are probably in line for more nerfs.

no, please no more 'ryze nerfs'.
He's gonna one shot ppl.