Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

?

Yes 164 50%
No 164 50%
Voters 328 .

Is Ryze balanced?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StrykerMcClain

07-09-2012

I main him. His early game is pretty bad and he is easily countered.
His range is pretty short, and he has no actual hard cc. Just a snare.

Managing his cooldowns is... a moderate task. Not really hard, but it certainly takes learning. I've just mashed buttons hoping for it to work before, usually it does not.

Positioning is everything. Due to your ranges, you need to know where you can and can't be, and where to stand to not get instagibbed in a teamfight.

Listen to top players play him. Even Scarra says his early game is weak. You want to stomp him? Go play Cassiopiea. That's easier IMO.
(Disclaimer; I do't play Cass. But it seems pretty straightforward. Land poison, mash E til the run, and chase with your Q and keep mashing E. I could be wrong.)

MiMi luvluv

07-09-2012

bump

iGNhere

07-09-2012

Quote:
MiMi luvluv:
i disagree you need a lot of skill to manage his cooldowns and mana

and he's squishy so you have to position well

@the downvoters: WOOOOOOOOSH

Did you honestly just call Ryze squishy. How the hell are you building Ryze?

tenrel

07-09-2012

Quote:
Omega Malu:
LOL no. He's so easy to play and dishes out more damage than mages with higher skillcaps.

dont forget the fact that he does that damage while having 2 of the best defensive items in the game as part of his core build.

God Hates Teemo

Recruiter

07-09-2012

Quote:
StrykerMcClain:
You want to stomp him? Go play Cassiopiea. That's easier IMO.
(Disclaimer; I do't play Cass. But it seems pretty straightforward. Land poison, mash E til the run, and chase with your Q and keep mashing E. I could be wrong.)

The amount of stupid in this post is too much.

Xam Nozid

07-09-2012

He is not op... l2p

Arecanderu

07-09-2012

Quote:
Omega Malu:
LOL no. He's so easy to play and dishes out more damage than mages with higher skillcaps.

so, he's OP because mages are all about damage, right? so Master Yi is so OP.

Ryze only brings damage and a single target snare, everyother mage brings more utility or have better range or positioning skills. Ryze is like the Master Yi of casters, IMO. (and he isn't THAT easy to use actually, but I agree that other casters have a higher skillcap)

Niceguydan8

07-09-2012

Quote:
Grabnork:
Ryze has a rough earlygame, but he has the potential to make it up lategame. When his ult is down, gank him. Don't be a moron and try to dive him under tower. Ignite him when he has a WotA. That Ryze in the video was 100% lucky, and he survived because no one made sure he died. 2 more autoattacks or 1 spell would have killed him.

Not to mention he's countered by a LOT of champions, and exhaust/stun will get him killed. Ryze is fine, i play him when I want to win, because I know how to play him correctly. You'd be surprised how many bad Ryze players there are. To deal the big damages, you need to know his combo and his limitations.

And I'm expecting a lot of downvotes, but if you let Ryze get to hypercarry status, he's gonna carry... obviously... Same with Akali, same with Veigar, same with Jax, same with Nasus, same with Kayle, same with Vladimir.

Akali will not hypercarry in a late game situation like the other champions you mentioned.

MiMi luvluv

07-09-2012

bump

Zoram

07-09-2012

He is OP. I play him and do well all the time. This never happens with any other AP mid champion for me. You don't get punished for spamming skills, but you don't have to skill shot them, they have no delay. He gains damage for building tanky items.

He is pretty much like the graves of AP carries. Except he is a mana carry not an AP carry :/