Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I don't normally ***** about losing Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shake5hula

07-14-2012

There's more to winning a game than K/D. Also, don't play support in your ELO. L2 carry the baddies. The same baddies that are on your team, you play against. And if you don't just rape them and snowball every game, then you are in your true ELO.

Thumbs down for the QQ and the blaming. Don't come to qq on forums.

Hampys

07-15-2012

Quote:
Atriusus:
Derp, oh well lol they're bad keep those names in your mind.

You know I hear this all the time and I keep dropping in ELO. I've was at 1300 and I have literally won only one game since I'm now in the 900s. Now I know that I am NOT that bad at this game since I have over a 50% winrate counting normals and ranked games. Thus if the trend holds I should stay at my ELO, but no. I just, keep, dropping.

The problem with the ELO system is that it penalizes me for getting a bad team that I had no chance of carrying...I'm a support FFS

the problem with the elo system is that its a team ranking system trying to rank an individual player. and that players new to ranked start around 1200.

Hampys

07-15-2012

Quote:
ImperialProf:
This logic is far from sound. Blizzard's system for rating Starcraft players is far more multifaceted. I'd like to be paired with people who have played a comparable number of games to me, not with a kid who just hit level 30 and wants to try ranked. People in proving games in ranked should be matched up against 3 high elo teams, 3 unranked teams, and 3 lower elo teams. Besides, ELO hell is full of people who claim they were 1700+ in Season 1 and only got down there because blah blah blah. Ultimately League is a team game and the KDA ratio doesn't tell you much.

right and elo is a team ranking system, not a solo ranking system.