I don't normally ***** about losing Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xBestJarvanNA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

but when I do I have a feeding Mid, Carry and Jungle

http://i.imgur.com/IPP3N.jpg

Now a little info on this game. I was first pick so I just knew it was all going downhill from there. Since I was the first pick I didn't ban Shen but arranged with the 3rd group to trade Shen for Janna. Well we got into the game and literally before the minions spawned the Ryze gave first blood Why? Cause he was eating and didn't have his hands on the keyboard when we went to invade the enemy jungle.

About 5 min in Jayce starts *****ing at me cause I'm not giving him my shield enough, he wasn't getting hit at all by anything and I was doing some heavy harass with my Q. I try to explain that but he says I should use it more that I'm a waste of a Janna. So not trying to make waves or anything I decide ok whatever I'll use it more on him I guess he really wants that AD buff.

Immediately after shielding him he proceeds to dive into Teemo and Darius, and die. Then be *****es at me for not helping him. I apologize ask him to not dive like that as there is nothing I can do about it and the game goes on. Fast forward to 20min in, we're at 10 kills they're at 29. Ryze fed mid all 6 deaths, Jayce fed Teemo all 8 and Olaf ganked from the bushes by the enemy tower and died to the shots.

I tried to do what I could but I'm a support, after I use my shield and Q there is really not much else I can do besides Zephyr which puts me at risk of dying to the fed Teemo or Darius.

Riot your ELO system is bad plain and simple. Have a system that judges players equally based on KDA. If it turns the game into a killwhoring grindhouse then you win since you said you want the game to be more aggressive and not so passive so there you go. But if it turns the game more passive then well that's what I want and I know a lot of people personally who want that playstyle but people still get rewarded for playing aggressively.

Coggles

07-09-2012

I like how you censored their names on the left and yet they are still visible on the top right.

Hi Im Derrick

07-09-2012

hi my name is nunu, and i jungle with wriggles...

Thundurthize

07-09-2012

what does this have to do with the ELO system??

you ran into some bads. it's an online community. it happens. if you play better you will eventually phase them out. they have an equal chance to be queued on either team.

xBestJarvanNA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coggles View Post
I like how you censored their names on the left and yet they are still visible on the top right.
Derp, oh well lol they're bad keep those names in your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangbangMSH View Post
what does this have to do with the ELO system??

you ran into some bads. it's an online community. it happens. if you play better you will eventually phase them out. they have an equal chance to be queued on either team.
You know I hear this all the time and I keep dropping in ELO. I've was at 1300 and I have literally won only one game since I'm now in the 900s. Now I know that I am NOT that bad at this game since I have over a 50% winrate counting normals and ranked games. Thus if the trend holds I should stay at my ELO, but no. I just, keep, dropping.

The problem with the ELO system is that it penalizes me for getting a bad team that I had no chance of carrying...I'm a support FFS

Kicking

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atriusus View Post
Derp, oh well lol they're bad keep those names in your mind.

You know I hear this all the time and I keep dropping in ELO. I've was at 1300 and I have literally won only one game since I'm now in the 900s. Now I know that I am NOT that bad at this game since I have over a 50% winrate counting normals and ranked games. Thus if the trend holds I should stay at my ELO, but no. I just, keep, dropping.

The problem with the ELO system is that it penalizes me for getting a bad team that I had no chance of carrying...I'm a support FFS
no if you really were good, you wouldn't drop to the 900s all because of your teammates. it works both ways. if you were a 1500+ player you wouldn't lose 400 elo "because of your team" every time...

ImperialProf

07-10-2012

Quote:
no if you really were good, you wouldn't drop to the 900s all because of your teammates. it works both ways. if you were a 1500+ player you wouldn't lose 400 elo "because of your team" every time...
This logic is far from sound. Blizzard's system for rating Starcraft players is far more multifaceted. I'd like to be paired with people who have played a comparable number of games to me, not with a kid who just hit level 30 and wants to try ranked. People in proving games in ranked should be matched up against 3 high elo teams, 3 unranked teams, and 3 lower elo teams. Besides, ELO hell is full of people who claim they were 1700+ in Season 1 and only got down there because blah blah blah. Ultimately League is a team game and the KDA ratio doesn't tell you much.

Magickz

07-11-2012

When you have someone ether afk, or feed or both or have 2+ people do both every single game ( ranked and normal ) It doesn't matter if your 9000 elo or 900 elo.

Having people leave is actually easier then a feeder cause it possible to win with leavers as long as at least 3 people are still in the game. Though its impossible if people feed then leave...

They need to make it so you can't join a normal or ranked game without having at least 60 ping at all times.... lost at least 1.2k games cause of peoples internet.

They also should require people to take a IQ test before installing... In nearly every game, ranked or normal people are doing things that even someone who knows nothing about the game wouldn't do.

Such as...
*Example from last game played* 4 people push a tower while entire enemy team is mia...
Note: They have no tank, stun, slow or ap carry with them. Also 0 wards in the game.

This game is turning to **** simply because its getting more and more popular thus bringing in kids who should not even be playing computer games. Its nearly impossible to get into the competitive scene by your self. Even with a ranked team the chances of getting 4 others with your skill level or higher is practically nothing.

Example: I specialize in ad carry... and every ranked game whether we win or lose its always me having the most minions, kills, assists, towers, inhibs. While my team at most will have 5 kills each... AT THE MOST.... **** I get more then that with support nid while eating....
Oh wait lets look at their deaths since obviously you think im taking all the kills... oh yay everyone on my team has died at least 4 times by 20 minutes woot...

It seems that even out of the best of the worst you can find for a ranked team is still ****.

There has to be a better way of allowing players of higher skill level to play with people like them and not just get stuck with kids who's mothers are yelling at them 24/7 about doing homework.

Oh on side note: Ive gone through 9 games where the entire team would afk leaving me to 1v5.... in ranked.

Riot needs to fix their ranking and matchmaking system

Selcopa

07-11-2012

I average 80 ping.

Magickz this is important if you are trying to get into the competitive team.

You think that you are skilled at the game, because you notice some of the mistakes your teammates make.

You are not, and the reason is because you do not notice the mistakes you make, if you did notice them(and fixed them in the next games) you would not even care what your teammates were doing because you would win so hard every game.

Reaper1020

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coggles View Post
Not like you know who was playing who though