Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is AD karthus a bannable offense?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elodin

10-08-2012

Yesterday I went AP Shyvana.

I don't get why I got reported, she has an AP ratio, thus she should be able to be played as an AP right? I was geniuenly trying to win.

Beaumains

10-08-2012

To answer the primary question: it depends; bot games don't count, and blind matches are the only ones where trolling might be considered permissible. Technically any action by you that legitimately infringes on the pleasante experience of other players (even if only one) is a reportable offense. For example, feeding is not reportable, but intentional feeding is, because the former is not a 'legitimate infringement' - you're not trying to feed, but for whatever reason it happens. That said, you should always inform your team if you wish to do anything that is considered non-standard. As for the definition of trolling, it ranges from building a champ against synergy (e.g. stacking AAs on Garen, who uses niether mana nor AP), to building a champ outside the 'accepted format', which would include every melee AD carry in the current meta (they're expected to be 'tanks').

Now, Riot seems . . . strongly bent on nerfing karthus through the floor, whether his CDs, scaling, or the MR shred (apparently the solution to players' inability to avoid the broad side of a barn is to nerf the barn /rant - make it so ppl can go through Anivia's wall pls /sarcasm), to the point where AD karth might just be more viable than the traditional AP build - he can get 800 crits, right?

johnnybravo2

10-08-2012

No.He's karthus.And Karthus does what he pleases.

Juggernoob

10-08-2012

If you are going to be a dick like that, play bots...

PureEvol

09-11-2013

AD Karthus is really fun, at least in norms.. but I use it as a support. You focus on life steal first w/ doran's blade, then get some attack speed next, then focus on keeping yourself alive as long as possible (sort of the opposite as a normal Karth) - using defile to just hurt minions - only killing a few when you need a bit of mana, then focus on getting that lightning sword; can never remember the name of it but it works great. When you use your ult, you focus more on hurting the enemy so your team gets the kill and you get the assists instead of you getting the kills. You might be suprised how good it works.

Bazzen345

Recruiter

09-13-2013

bet you 5 bucks you couldnt pull off ad lux