Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is AD karthus a bannable offense?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombiemaster

09-21-2012

It's not a bannable offense, but even so people will most likely report you, and the tribunal will most likely punish you.

Sogreth

09-21-2012

nope. it is not

Sogreth

09-21-2012

Quote:
Armaurahn:
considered trolling if you go a build that doesn't match a champions position

no...it really doesn't

People can build how they want, and it's not "trolling"

"trolling" is a reportable/bannable offence, using different builds is not

Malice is here

09-21-2012

Trolling IMO is when you have someone pick a character, and decide to send them mid, and refuse to leave lane. Or someone grabbing smite when we already have a jungler or someone just running around, stealing the jungles buffs, or dying on dragon, or just doing flat out trollish things. things that are obvious trolls, Trying out different builds does not equal trolling. I have a friend i play with who goes AD malz, our team usually rages, until he destroys bottom because they don't know whats happening.
I have seen an AD sona, AD lux, AD lb. Each one of them has carried a team before.
Just because you do things that aren't normal and are different, does not mean you are trolling.

And to people saying try it out in custom or bots, it doesn't work the same as if you went against real players in a normal que.

The Sneak Thief

09-21-2012

Once upon time,

AD Ziggs was fed 12/0

madf0x

09-21-2012

Quote:
Dragull2:
AD Karthus is not trolling, even his Wall reduces enemies armor!

It is certainly a bad build, but you can't be banned for building badly.

Not anymore it doesnt.

ShroomAnator

10-07-2012

Quote:
Dr Slapaho:
The other day I was having a good win streak playing carrys like tryda and draven etc. I was feeling confident. Well my betted that I couldn't win a game playing ad karthus or even get a kill. For 5 bucks i said yeah. I did get 2 kills but I got destroyed... :/ So yeah im not gonna get cocky like that anymore.

Anyways I pissed everyone off I played with and they reported me >.< Everyone cussed me and and yea. I was trying to illegitimately try to win, but ended up getting destroyed.

Any tips for AD karthus? not that I would try it again

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/how-to-ad-jungle-karthus-like-a-pro-195089

Try that only in, "ARAMs" while on, "Proving Ground".

Armageddal

10-07-2012

It's only trolling if you're intentionally trying to ruin the game for others. I wouldn't call AD Karthus a viable build, but you can build it if you want.

To all the "sub-par builds are trolling" arguments. So if you don't follow a cookie cutter build, it's trolling? Is it trolling to build a Will of the Ancients of a mage that doesn't "always" build it? Is it trolling to not build a Trinity Force on half the top lane bruisers in the game? None of it is trolling. Most of it is even 'viable'. You have to choose where you draw the line, but I hope you draw it somewhere reasonable.

asamu

10-07-2012

If you want to play an AP as AD, go Malzahar or Kennen. They have hard CC and still deal incredibly high damage. Malz works because voidlings have 1:1 AD ratio, and because you are building CDR to get the voidlings out, you will still get a lot of DPS from the spells.
Kennen gets an 80% damage boost every 5th attack, and he has a ton of hard CC. Tri-force is great on him because he can use the short CD on his Q to proc it frequently.

Tank Kennen is also reasonably good. Just a stun bot that is crazy hard to kill.

At the people saying that only builds that fit the most common role of a champion should every be used; that is ridiculous; there are a lot of viable non-standard builds, like those I just mentioned.
Others that can work include: AD or true hybrid Akali, AP Corki, AP Ez, AD Swain, AD Fizz, AP Kayle, AP Kog, AP Amumu, AP shen, AP mid Soraka, AP Trist, AP wick, support as any standard AP mid with hard CC.

Feeds as singed

10-08-2012

Quote:
asamu:
If you want to play an AP as AD, go Malzahar or Kennen. They have hard CC and still deal incredibly high damage. Malz works because voidlings have 1:1 AD ratio, and because you are building CDR to get the voidlings out, you will still get a lot of DPS from the spells.
Kennen gets an 80% damage boost every 5th attack, and he has a ton of hard CC. Tri-force is great on him because he can use the short CD on his Q to proc it frequently.

Tank Kennen is also reasonably good. Just a stun bot that is crazy hard to kill.

At the people saying that only builds that fit the most common role of a champion should every be used; that is ridiculous; there are a lot of viable non-standard builds, like those I just mentioned.
Others that can work include: AD or true hybrid Akali, AP Corki, AP Ez, AD Swain, AD Fizz, AP Kayle, AP Kog, AP Amumu, AP shen, AP mid Soraka, AP Trist, AP wick, support as any standard AP mid with hard CC.

You forgot one of the best AD carries in the game, AD Ahri. She's super mobile, has a taunt, and has early game burst.