Is 20:00 Surrender A Mistake?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gift of God

07-11-2012

assuming that someone is super fed and you lost ton of turrents and didnt win one lane and your team sucks and doesn't know how to focus? then yep plz surrender

FG5 Bdog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

I always try to surrender at 20:00 because I'm A Bad Player And Have No Skill.

MaTTiMeX

07-11-2012

The surrender at 20 is for games where you are down -20 kills, your lanes are pushed into your base and you can't even go into your jungle without getting wtfrafflestomped. Those games aren't fun in any way at all, why would you want to have to stick it out for another 5-10 minutes when you obviously haven't been having fun for 5-10 minutes prior?

deirin

07-11-2012

depends...it happened to me to turn game around with only nexus left >.>

Purpleiswin

07-11-2012

I try to avoid surrendering at 20 as much as I can, but those godly comebacks only happen once in a while, so when 3 people want to surrender, I'm not going to waste another 20 minutes of turtleing with the hope of a godly comeback, I still try my hardest, but sometimes it's just better to get done with it and move onto the next game.

Bunnymo chan

07-11-2012

just won a game, team started 2-18, we were a troll team and had no ad carry. Somehow we manage to win the game with the team going somewhat tanky.

NinkiCZ

07-11-2012

You can make a comeback if the advantage is due to differences in champion strength. So if a Veigar is losing mid to an Ahri, or if Irelia is getting owned by a Riven at top - then sure there is a possibility of a comeback because the lead gained by the opposing team could just be because their champion is better for early-mid game.

But if you're losing because it's a difference in SKILL level, then it's highly unlikely you'll make a comeback. People don't drastically improve their performance over the span of 20 minutes. If you have a bad ad carry, you might be able to drag it out for a while, but at around 45min you'll lose every single team fight because he/she has no idea how to position. Sure there's the very small chance that your team can carry the bad player to a win, but with the extra 30min you've spent trying to raise a bad player's elo to one in which they don't belong, you could've finished another game.

Tavilicious

07-12-2012

I try not to surrender. 9/10 the person who initiates it is always the person who lost their lane, was the only one to lose their lane, and states that we will lose

luckily I and when I am with friends play champs who we know extremely well or scale into late game (or in the case of Ahri and others, barely lose any momentum)

It is a bad idea. Even if you are 40 kills behind, one Baron or one good team fight is all it takes to turn the tides of battle. Besides, if you give in then, then you'll barely gain any experience for what late game combat is and how to turn losing fights around

KingSnafu

07-12-2012

your playing the game to have fun if its 20 mins in and u got 2 people with 10 deaths (assuming your not one of people and if youve died 10 times chances are its because your not trying) theyve ruined the fun for the other 3 people as well since now the entire team has u beat 1v1 and in team fights and since its just a game and the reason you play it is to have fun its time to move on to another game with new people. This attitude dont really work in ranked because generally there always fun because everyones at least trying, and the bad part doesnt come till u see red negative number

rabidzombie2015

07-12-2012

I have played games where I try to get my team to surrender because there is "no way we can win", and then we come back from a good engagement or baron and win the game. So I would say yes it is a mistake to surrender at 20:00.