Is 20:00 Surrender A Mistake?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohasis

07-11-2012

I personally would surrender if things have gone horrible wrong. But I may not have time to sit in a 45 minutes game of just getting blasted, when I only have time for a couple of games before work. I'd rather start a new game.

ooo Sick Boy ooo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

if your team is full of badies against a well oiled pre-made machine then it's best to just qq

JRiMi

07-11-2012

Yes..last night we had a trollish person lock in soraka after we had a whole team (needed a jungle) our nasus had to take smite and our support voli went solo top..soraka stole 3 kills from graves so he switched to jungle and started complaining. I then started to snowball with TF and told everyone to stfu and play....several surrend votes were cast....then suddenly a couple aces in a row and gg.

goblinXZL

07-11-2012

Never surrender!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Is Whoa

07-11-2012

A 20 min surrender isnt as much a forfeit that we cant ever win but more of i dont want to try and fight this hard for a win with a team that wont cooperate.

I surrender so i can get a new game thats more fun. Id rather surrender at 20 and get a new ge then maybe stage a comeback in an hour. I like volume of games more than length.

astrosega

07-11-2012

old topic. it really doesn't matter because surrender is majority based. nobody surrenders in ranked anyways unless its really really bad

Archa Tyrael

07-11-2012

Well, surrendering at 20:00 can be justified if by that time you have lost all 3 front turrets and the enemy is ahead of you in kills and cs. Sometimes there is just no way you are going to hit late-game. An example of when not to surrender is if you are losing in cs/kills but you are still holding out, also if your team is better than theirs at teamfights and late game.

DonnFirinne

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archa Tyrael View Post
Well, surrendering at 20:00 can be justified if by that time you have lost all 3 front turrets and the enemy is ahead of you in kills and cs. Sometimes there is just no way you are going to hit late-game. An example of when not to surrender is if you are losing in cs/kills but you are still holding out, also if your team is better than theirs at teamfights and late game.
That would be a fine idea if the people who always surrender at 20 were good enough to know when their team was in a position to make a late game comeback

NotAsBadAsYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

For me I am usually just discouraged by teammates/attitudes. I would rather surrender 2x with an angry team at 20 then stay in a toxic environment for 40min and win. I enjoy this game so much that if I find myself truly upset it is usually die to the human element which can make or break a gamed for me. I have had some real fun games losing and some very painful wins.

Shehryar

07-11-2012

In my first ranked game, I was forced to play soraka support.
Our GP disconnected 3 minutes in and fed first blood as he was walking back to spawn.
We were behind over 30 kills and their ahri got a quadra kill. As they pushed our base, they focussed our towers and we aced them. Somehow, we ended up coming back and winning it in 2 or 3 more 4v5 teamfights.
From then on, I decided never to surrender a game again.