Is 20:00 Surrender A Mistake?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronikor

07-09-2012

Just want some input from the community on this question.

I feel like a game hasn't really finished evolving it's conditions in terms of builds and champion effectiveness until about 35:00-40:00 in...So is it stupid not to play out a game at least until team fights and full builds to see if you're late game meta is more effective than theirs?

Even if you're 5 - 22 at 20:00....you could still win late game no? Why not try for it? So what's you're opinion - mistake or no? why?

Do pros surrender at 20:00 ever? =/

TeknoWizard

07-09-2012

Pros? As a team, as in TSM, no.

In regular pubs, I have this attitude towards surrendering. "Somewhere, worse players than us are making a crazier comeback against players better than the other team. So why are we losing?" Plus, everyone will whine about the fed ___, or the bad ____, but there's always something you can do about it.

That said, my criteria is that if I'm having no fun, bam. Surrender vote. I've had games where our team had no kills, and they had like 40, yet we didn't surrender. Because the game was a blast to play.

LeefAaronsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

I only vote surrender if I don't think the team can pull off the victory for a variety of reasons. Especially if I don't think I can carry.

gvaness

07-09-2012

I only surrender if the game has just become miserable to play.
Mainly this is due to someone spending more time belittling the team than playing.

Anarchy DraXer

07-09-2012

Nope you can win but some times it's the right choise

DonnFirinne

07-09-2012

I never surrender unless the other team has the win locked down, like even if I'm fed there's no chance of even making it out of base. I consider every other surrender a grave mistake and a sign of weakness

Zelenov

07-09-2012

i hate surrendering.. your team always has the chance to get illuminated by chuck norris or taking advantages of enemy`s mistakes, and 20 min is a short period, an average game is 45 min long, even if some team is dominating hard. i think que surrender vote is reasonable after 30min...

Reevezy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

I never surrender, it's surprising some of the comebacks you can pull off if you don't give up. I'm not the type to rage if I'm loosing and I still have fun so that's probably why I don't.

Eskorbutin FTW

07-09-2012

in my opinion, i always play for win and try my best, i've played a ranked game that all my team was raging and figthing we were like 6-15 and i was 2-0 as trist with a good farm, but my team just started the surrender vote at min 20 and they all voted yes, we were with a better team comp and like twice their cc, they just voted surrender cuz they were mad and wanted to stop playing. A grave mistake if you ask me.

sometimes when im losing my lane (cuz of ganks,bad moves, etc) i always keep trying to win, even when im 0-5 and more if im playing as veigar, i've comeback in games that the entire enemy team was calling me bad but at the end i've carried the game so hard cuz i know my gameplay level and i know when i can still carrying a game and i really play for win and try my best as i said.

so... yes, 85% of the min 20 surr is a mistake.

Kronikor

07-11-2012

Ya pretty much how I feel Eskorbutin and Reevezy, thanks for input everyone.