Last Hitting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sweatersDC

09-04-2010

So I think that most people who browse the forums know what last hitting is. For anyone who doesn't, it's the process of (only) attacking creeps when they are one blow from death, so that you deal the killing blow and get the gold. Last hitting is the opposite of auto-attacking, or auto-ing.

The advantages of last-hitting are simple: (1) you get more gold, (2) you make yourself less vulnerable to ganks, (3) you make the enemy more vulnerable to ganks, (4) you have the potential to zone the enemy out of EXP range.

Why does it seem like nobody in solo queue understands this concept? I usually try to explain it to my teammates but they don't seem to get it.

I laned with a Taric who auto'd a lot, and I asked him to stop pushing the lane so much. He responded that he needed to attack to regain mana. I thought "fair enough", but I also observed him auto-ing with full mana.

I laned with a Nidalee who auto'd non-stop, using her attack speed buff to auto-attack faster. I asked her to focus on last-hitting. She responded "but i need gold". I told her she will get more gold by only attacking when the creep is near death. She responded "that's what i'm doing". I told her "sorry but I've been watching and you're not". She responded "whatever ignored".

It's really annoying when I'm forced to overextend past the river when they have a Shaco/Warwick/etc., because my lane partner is pushing like crazy and I'll be zoned out of EXP if I stay in safe territory.

A crowd of Ducks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

The problem with last hitting is that if your enemy doesn't last hit too , your lane will be overrun

Alnor

09-04-2010

Alas this is an issue many people suffer from. Unfortunately unless people start paying attention to those giving advice, not gonna be a problem possible of being fixed.

Max67

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagukin View Post
The problem with last hitting is that if your enemy doesn't last hit too , your lane will be overrun
Your point being?

SexyBabyBones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

Usually because in solo queue your team doesn't understand the concept of ganking, and the enemy team is just going to be auto attacking thus you are simply allowing the enemy team to push.

Korpzer

09-04-2010

i think you all suck, i auto attack like a bad habit i dont have a problem getting the last hit on them all. its pretty **** easy to switch targets when u need, and if u kno how much dmg u do its easier to auto attk the whole time and get last hits then it is to stand there like an idiot and do it. except one way your holding or pushing and the other ur falling back to safety. and of corse if both sides are harassful u may need to "last hit"

either way, i think it would benefit you all to learn both ways.

Jun41

09-04-2010

This. If I see my enemies auto attacking I just let them push. Easy ganks

sweatersDC

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagukin View Post
I've noticed this also. However if your enemy is pushing aggressively vs your last-hitting, it's usually possible to ramp up your damage output to the creeps, while still conserving your attacks for the last hits. It's a little tricker and you might get fewer creeps but it's still much more effective than right-click spam.

Jun41

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpzer View Post
i think you all suck, i auto attack like a bad habit i dont have a problem getting the last hit on them all. its pretty **** easy to switch targets when u need, and if u kno how much dmg u do its easier to auto attk the whole time and get last hits then it is to stand there like an idiot and do it. except one way your holding or pushing and the other ur falling back to safety. and of corse if both sides are harassful u may need to "last hit"

either way, i think it would benefit you all to learn both ways.
This is correct too I think. Sometimes you gotta auto attack some.

Saruyan

09-04-2010

auto attack is good on most people. but im not last hitting on morde. eff that. im pushing all these minions cause im gonna easily kill 3/4 of the wave while pushign you back to the tower and then taking potshots at you with my aoe/putting shield on a minion to screw up your last hitting.