Talon vs LeBlanc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

Apparently Talon is supposed to stomp on LeBlanc. However, after the recent changes (AKA "buffs") I've been having trouble SURVIVING against her in the lane phase.
When her projectile didn't fly at the speed of light I could activate my E and interrupt her combo, but right now if she uses W->Q->XSkill I don't even have time to jump on her before she triggers the silence. And if she manages to do so, after level 6 two thirds of my health are gone by the time the silence wears off.
This is just a question for those who play Talon and don't have trouble dealing with LB. Perhaps some suggestions for runes/masteries would be good too, and I'd appreciate it.

A Little Haley

07-09-2012

21/9 masteries, taking flat MR and bonus HP
Flat MR glyphs, armor seals, either flat AD reds/quints or armor pen (I prefer AD)

You should be playing aggressive against her starting around level 4. You outrange her with your silence so you can trade well if you avoid her chains and you should be able to instagib her at level 6.

Tbh I'd buy 2 Doran's Blades and the Null-Magic Mantle for Merc's early on to survive her burst. Maybe a red pot, or a second Null-Magic to go towards a Hexdrinker.

AdamSS

07-09-2012

When was talon meant to beat leblanc?

Can someone post a video showing me how, her silence is longer than his, her early game damage is way higher.

Yurelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

A good Talon versus a good leblanc is a pure skill match up early on. She will harass you whenever she can and the trick is to counter attack when her skills are on cooldown, otherwise apply pressure and she will be zoned. If she stays out of range of your E, then you can E to a minion and W to harass. She has low base health and armor but like talon she has good burst. It's pretty much down to whoever can get their combo off faster and better.

For runes just run a lot of MR, definitely the flat MR glyphs. Runes 21/9/0 and take +6 MR and +30 hp.

Zero Suit Senpai

07-09-2012

LeBlanc usually will be beating Talon in lane because she can zone him very successfully. Before the QOL buffs it was the same way.

After the buffs, Talon still has a much stronger late game.

Stru

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMAWHALEOOORAOOR View Post
21/9 masteries, taking flat MR and bonus HP
Flat MR glyphs

You should be playing aggressive against her starting around level 4. You outrange her with your silence so you can trade well if you avoid her chains and you should be able to instagib her at level 6.
Actually, that's the problem. Talon's E has the same range as LeBlanc's Q. And her silence lasts twice as longer than mine. The problem right now is that most LeBlanc's (As well as most AP carries you face in mid as Talon) stay out of your E's range because they know that you are a jerk and will jump on them as soon as you find the chance.
But if she uses Distortion -> Sigil of Silence you may not be able to use Cutthroat before she Distorts again or triggers the sigil.
Would it be a good idea to use Flat hp quints, or should I stick with the bonus ad ones?

Ireliateyou

07-09-2012

The only thing the buffs did was allow her to go back to the first node of her double jump and get her silence off more consistently. There were no damage buffs. They should make no difference on the match-up really.

Anyway the match-up is favorable for LeBlanc. Even with his ability to jump on her and throw out damage, her q snare and jump allows her to put out more abuse from a safer distance.

NeonChinchilla

07-09-2012

lol the silencing assassin vs the silencing assassin.

I usually take orianna vs LB just because I can shield before she can proc the silence and my AA hurts more than other mages. You'll just have to practice against her. The silence can only happen after she hits you with her Q (the yellow projectile) because she has to Q > any other spell to silence.

I know a good LB combo is W>E>Q>R>DFG>W that way you get effectively silenced and snared as well as dead. (you Q before the second proc of E so that they get silenced and snared in one hit)

build some MR. vs LB I usually bring a rune page with MR instead of more AP (or AD in talon's case). You could even start with a null magic mantle and pots. Remember if LB doesn't get fed early shes gonna fall off hard.

Stru

07-09-2012

Thanks for the input, I was actually running a 21/0/9 mastery setup on Talon. Went for mana regeneration, which is really useful when you play against Mids that do not have a ridiculous burst like LeBlanc.
I will stick with the runes I have right now (Flat MR glyphs, flat ad quints, arpen reds and hp/level yellows/flat armor yellows) but will run 21/9 masteries.

A Little Haley

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stru View Post
Actually, that's the problem. Talon's E has the same range as LeBlanc's Q. And her silence lasts twice as longer than mine. The problem right now is that most LeBlanc's (As well as most AP carries you face in mid as Talon) stay out of your E's range because they know that you are a jerk and will jump on them as soon as you find the chance.
But if she uses Distortion -> Sigil of Silence you may not be able to use Cutthroat before she Distorts again or triggers the sigil.
Would it be a good idea to use Flat hp quints, or should I stick with the bonus ad ones?
I thought her sigil's range was 650, my bad. If it does share a range than it's an entirely skill matchup and you'll have to E her before she can get 2 spells off to silence you.