Need advices for ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFilz

07-09-2012

Hey all, two of my friends and I just started doing ranked 3s yesterday. I guess we did not that bad : we won our 7 first games, and currently we're @ 1415 ELO with 8 wins and 2 losses.

Even though the score seems good, we're still really noob in Twisted Treeline. We all got +/- 1000 wins in normal games, and 95% of them are in SR. So, yes we perfectly know the game mechanics and everything, but TT is a real pain in the @.

The problem was that we got out farmed really badly ( during our 2 losses), and that even if we had more kills / ebonmaw etc, we just couldn't handle their items.

So, I was looking forward to get some advice from people that knows TT more than us.

How can we farm bot ? Except from last hitting, how can we deny our enemies to the point that they can be underleveled and with few CS ?

How does jungling works in 3v3 ? During our little ten games, we've already went 1 top and 2 bot, but how does jungling works in 3v3, is it really an advantage to have a jungler ?

Who are the champions that we should ban ? We were banning Trynd - Udyr - Darius in our games, is that okay ?

Finally, what are good "team comps" ? We've been doing teams based on AoE damage, with Jarvan as an engager, but what are good comps that we can see in high ELO ?

Thanks in advance, I hope you guys can help me

xFilz

07-09-2012

Bump

Shrouded Soul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Personally, when i play ranked 3s my team bans strong tanky champs like Volibear and Riven because they counter our team comb; you should ban champions that counter your team comb. For laning we start with strong early aggro or harrasment for intimidation, then we farm behind the enemy minion to deny their exp. We always ward mid (red buff) for ganks going top and going bot. I can help little with jungling because i rarely see it in my ranked TT matches. As for team combs i play assassin role for a large amount of ganks early game, my subordinates play ap carry and tank/off-tank. It is almost always essential to have someone be tanky and not to have all ad or all ap or else you will be dominated easily.

For more detailed champion counters to ban in ranked matches i would recommend this website:

http://www.championselect.net/champ

Hope that helps!

IRISHDEVMAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Unless your team is first pick or you just don't want to play him, ban Singed. A champ designed to take 5v5 punishment and live with ease is almost unstoppable if played correctly on Twisted Treeline. Also, banning/picking champions with the ability to jump walls is also a good idea. Mobility is key on TT due to skinnier lanes and less distance required to travel to gank from lane.

Junglers are strong because they can control the upper jungle. Well, hopefully. If your team has no jungler but theirs does, a common strategy is to 1v1 bottom and 2v1 top so you have better control over top yourself and you're essentially forcing their jungler to make a play.