Tri lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

footfoe

07-10-2012

typical lane set up is 2-1-2 or 1-1-2 with a jungler. Most people can agree that having the jungler is better because you get 2 solo lanes, meaning more experience for those laners.

however if you don't have a jungler for whatever reason, wouldn't it be better to have a 1-1-3 lane set up? i try to suggest this to other players in solo queue but they never seem willing to try it even vs bots.

I know the tri lane works well in the other moba games, it's the go to strategy in pro games.

Kreyni

07-10-2012

Support, Bruiser, ADC result: ADC is underfarmed and everyone is underleveled.
Support, Tank, ADC result: Everyone is underleveled.
No jungler result: Loss of global EXP and Gold, opponents have no fear of overextending.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

League isn't like other MOBAs. By not having a jungler, you will lose every dragon, baron, and most buffs because your opponent has smite and you don't. A tri-lane levels a lot slower than 3 solos and 1 duo (jungle, mid, and top get solo exp from their respective areas).

B SIDE

07-10-2012

1-1-3 might be better than 2-1-2, depending on circumstances. But 1-1-2-1 is better than either as long as top lane doesn't feed.

There's also times when it makes sense to run ad/support mid, with ap carry top or bot. But this isn't popular right now either.

Weenis Too

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyni View Post
Support, Bruiser, ADC result: ADC is underfarmed and everyone is underleveled.
Support, Tank, ADC result: Everyone is underleveled.
No jungler result: Loss of global EXP and Gold, opponents have no fear of overextending.

not saying it works but i think the point is you just 100% dominate the lane easily diving towers with probably 2 huge cc chars like a alistar/leona/naut making a initiation a guarentee kill thus not being under leveled because they cant stay in reach of exp