Why is viktor and volibear not played that much.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PREDATOR I

07-09-2012

Viktor is a champion that is hardly used and rarely seen played. I play viktor all the time and can only remember him being on my team a few times and ive also only ever versed him once.
Now thats saying sonthing. I'm sure thousands of people play viktor but thats still not that much compared to how many people play lol.

I have however seen viktor's picture in the ranked game that you can spectate.
So it's either he's hard to use for most people or people dont realy like him that much.

I could never figure out and still havnt figured out why the hell voli bear is not played any were near as much as the other tanks. Volibear in my opinion is the greates tank in the game. theres nothing like someone turret huging when they think their safe until the mighty voli comes in killing them with basicly full health.

So if you people havn't played voli or viktor yet, can yous please just try it cuase they are realy good champions and so good at saving people.

Also to top it all off. I versed jayce in every game in the first day he came out. But now no one uses him.
I geuse he is a little hard to use and thats probly why people stoped useing him but once u know how to use him you will own. I'm still learning how to use him.

KROTANK

07-09-2012

It's not so much that people don't want to play them - it's simply that they're price (6300ip/975rp) is too high for a significant amount of players to own them.

The only way you'd see a viktor or a volibear is if someone saved up enough ip (or purchased rp), and then bought them. The problem lies in the fact that
1) both viktor and volibear are "fairly" new champs, and so when most players haven't bought them yet
2) upon reaching 6300ip/buying rp, people are more likely to either try out the newest champs (in this case jayce/draven/darius), or buy 'essential' champs like vayne, riven, nocturn; basically champs that aren't too difficult to play and have been shown to do well in the past

TeknoWizard

07-09-2012

Viktor is considered UP because he's difficult to use.

Volibear does well, but the reason I don't play him is because his W almost always takes the kill in ganks, and I don't want to starve laners.

PREDATOR I

07-09-2012

Thanks for replieing. I love viktor and becuase people do like vayne/noctune ect. and use those champs, people may not even know how good viktor and volibear is.

advancedAI

07-09-2012

Well... I really want Volibear. But he's expensive and there are other champions and runes that are higher on my priority list.

But I think both those champs are cool.

Fluffyknowsyou

07-09-2012

It takes me a month to save that much ip and I still need rune pages and other champions like vayne.

Bronze V Jungler

07-09-2012

I have a Volibear that frequents my team, he does happen to be a great tank, and Viktor is a great AP champion. They're just hard to use in comparison to other champions so other people don't get them much

Eskorbutin FTW

07-09-2012

Hello, i bough viktor 3 days ago and i can't stop playing him, i love him
btw my 1st name is Victor... that's why i play him a lot lol xd
his brust of dmg is great, i don't know why they don't play him.

Daemous

11-16-2012

Funny how I go to threads hearing that Volibear isn't really all that great of a champ or is a horrible champ(and those posts get thumbs up), and then I go to some threads hat say he is a great or good champion like this one(and a lot those/these posts get thumbs up).

This is why I get confused. I can't tell whether the community as a majority thinks Volibear or a certain other champ is a good or bad champion and that's why I end up holding off on buying certain champions.

I mean if the community as an obvious majority said he was good, I'd defiantly buy him but if the community said as an obvious majority that he sucked, I'd hold off on buying him till I buy more viable champions that I like.

Grimes

11-16-2012

Honestly, numbers speak louder than words when it comes to choosing a champ:

http://www.lolking.net/champions/

People will say the win-rate numbers are meaningless but they aren't.