Anivia Flash Frost Invisible Orb

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Threepwood

09-03-2010

As the search function is currently disabled I can't really see if this is an issue that has already been addressed, but every once in a while when I cast flash frost I can't see the orb. I often think it hasn't cast, only noticing it when I try to cast it again and end up blowing up my invisible orb. The explosion I can see. So far this has been the only projectile I've had problems with.

Perhaps just a general graphics issue? Or have other people been having this problem with just Anivia?

Sanson

09-03-2010

I've had this problem a few times while playing with Anivia as well. I also believe I've seen it on Fiddlesticks' Dark Wind.

Edit: As a side note, the person I was laning against commented on Flash Frost being invisible as well, so it doesn't seem to be purely *my* problem.

GreyGriffin

09-03-2010

I have seen Flash Frost be invisible and visible in the same game. The issue seems to fix itself temporarily if you move the camera off Anivia, but that may be a placebo (given the length of the cooldown and the number of things that can change in that time.)

I have seen enemies seem to react to the invisible flash frost (changing course, etc,) although I haven't asked them about it (it could be regular erratic movement).

But this is extra annoying for an ability that has to be manually popped for full effectiveness.

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2010

i also got it wth veigar i use my q on a minion and i kil it but i didnt see my spel lol

Mr Threepwood

09-03-2010

I should mention that this is not a permanent thing for me either. Most shots in a game work, but on occasion they do not.

Thinking back I may have had a problem with frostbite as well, but didn't think about it since it's a click and forget skill.

Best Kimchi Kr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2010

I neglected playing Anivia for a while because of this bug. It just trips the heck outa me because it goes invisible. But I've been using it to my advantage now. =x

Black Sheep

09-04-2010

Galio slow is also invisible.

dye464

10-03-2010

Does anyone know how to reproduce this bug?

If you play Anivia Flashfrost gets much more powerfull when invisible...

Shadowburn

10-04-2010

I believe its a graphical problem of some kind. At least for anivia, the invisible flashfrost occurs when your auto-attack and flashfrost are in the same frame. I'm not ENTIRELY sure, but i've been able to kinda reproduce it. Though i do apoligize if i'm making assumptions.

Foxxpaw

10-05-2010

Trying to reproduce this yet -AGAIN- but **** it's annoying not being able to get the stun in when you want it to just because of that invisible FF I'll post my findings.

Managed to reproduce it a couple times so far... Rank 3 flash frost, about 45 minutes in, 3/4 mana pool and about 200 health. Just spammed it with basic attacks so far. it disappeared about half-way to the targeted location.

Been about 90 minutes, getting tired of this so here's what I've got so far. five occurances of Flash Frost disappearing. Most of the time about half way to the designated location. Also noted that it seems to occur less than half a second after you attack. I've been able to recreate it three times but my timing is always 100% on.

Another bug to mention while we're on Anivia... With near endless mana regen (Chalice+golem+5archangels) you can keep glacial storm up nearly forever. However, the little green outline and it's animation just stop playing after a while but you can hear the noise and see the enemy get slowed.

I'm still not sure if this is really the cause but it's as close as I can get for now.