Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The New Ionic Spark on TigerUdyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noraver

07-08-2012

I remember when Tiger Stance did multiple hits in one attack..
THAT'S when Ionic Spark would've been OP on Udyr.

Ahh, the possibilities.

WelcomeToTarget

07-08-2012

Quote:
Jordian:
There's alot of good items for tiger Udyr and ionic spark gets in the way. Wits end you need for the mr, but if there team is like 4ad 1 ap then yeah ionic spark seems like a good idea insted of wits end. Plus it will ad like 5attack dmg with atmas if you get it.

Wits end is still better.

ElMage21

07-08-2012

Quote:
Kaeoz:
AS doesn't stack well with itself. Wit's is good mostly because of MR. I'd still only get spark on Shen or perhaps other junglers tbh.

The real reason you want MR from wit's is because there aren't enough item slots to go for FoN or something else on Udyr.

Your build will usually be: Mercs, Wit's, Randuins, Shurelya's, Frozen Heart (or GA), Trinity Force (If REALLY late game and you can actually build this out of your phage).

Nothing in the build can really be sacrificed because GA is such a good item (I'd even argue that its better vs. mages than FoN or something else).

As you can see, Wit's is REALLY needed for the MR here, which is why its prefered over spark.

Also, for Tiger Udyr, you want to be killing ONE target fast, not killing their entire team.

I strongly disagree, Udyr's build is not a "static" build. As every tank - tanky build, is situational, and, as example, your really dont need to stack Randuin's on top of FH every game, specially since the era of heavy AP teams like double WotA.

Also, Udyr is usually the main tank or at least the main "peeler", you should not be focusing down one target like a carry, because Udyr is very kitable, but instead be peeling for you carry stunning the enemies that come for him and then run like a hungry bear to kill the runners.

ElMage21

07-08-2012

bump