First 10 ranked games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merceus

07-08-2012

I heard that the first 10 ranked games are worth around 50 elo each. How is that fair at all? I am scared to play my first game of ranked by I feel as if I will get a bad team, like I do sometimes in normals, and then will lose 50 elo. Someone elaborate?

Merceus

07-08-2012

Anyone?

CTkiller

07-08-2012

Hmmmm everyone is really really really bad during your first 10 games

I went 9/1 without dodging and the game that I lost was pretty winnable

It's fair since it gets people to their proper elo faster either way if you're bad you will fall

FeelTheSPARTAN

07-08-2012

Statistically speaking, you will reach your approximate elo with several games. Even if you screw it up early, you will be able to slowly climb if you truly are better than the sub 1200 elo players.

King Desu

07-08-2012

If you manage to win all 10 first games, your obviously better than an unranked score. If you got there mostly by luck you will most definitely go down if your skill is not up to par with where you got to. I think with 10 wins its only like 1500-1600 any way, not to high.

bigsuga

07-08-2012

I'd say wait until you hit about 500 wins, don't jump into it right when you hit 30 like I did.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

The idea is to quickly get you somewhere near where your actual Elo is, then slowly adjust over time. How well this works is probably up for debate. I shot straight to 1600 with my starter games, and I really belong closer to 1500. At least it wasn't that far off.

Dokmazing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

the 1st 10 games are extremely easy i feel like.. When I did my 1st 10 I went 10-0 and ended up at 1400 or so..

Strident

07-08-2012

The ranking system has no idea where to put you if you don't have many games played. This is why you lose/win more elo earlier in the game. It is to attempt to properly place you and not stick you somewhere too low or too high just because of circumstances unknown.

Riley921

07-08-2012

Yea its dumb because if you get stuck with idiots who feed you get screwed over.