Jungle Jax, post health/level nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minrog

12-17-2010

I've been trying since the patch to make Jax work as a jungler, but been unable to. I'm starting to burn out on trying different rune/mastery builds and I was wondering if someone had already stumbled upon something that works.

Requirements:

-Must be able to clear an entire jungle route without bluepilling
-Starting point doesn't matter (anything would be better than what I've got)
-any runes/masteries/summoner skills

His laning phase is so bad, but I still enjoy solo queue'ing him once in a while. Don't want to have to round up a Janna/Taric partner to do a match.

Chingmeister

12-18-2010

Jax laning is about doing enough jumping in burst to intimidate people to stay away, similiar to Kat.

You want as hard a lvl 1-3 punch as you can get. You want to be able to jump in, and really hammer them. This will make them stay out of jump range so you can farm.

I found that I was able to accomplish this with 21 offense, flat damage runes and quints, and mana regen seals and glyphs and starting with a Doran's Blade. Strength of spirit helps a ton as well.

Your attack needs to be life threatening to your opponents to prevent them from daring to harass you or even fighting back. You need to project the Blitz aura of don't come near me, or I will instakill you.

Ebonclaw

12-18-2010

He said JUNGLE, you fool.

He wasn't looking to start a discussion of the laning ability. Jax is as bad a laner as Amumu, so it's useful to find a way to jungle him properly.

Yellow Jester

12-18-2010

my best guess would be red elixir, but they nerfed that so i dunno.