On-hit Orianna: Now viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hazama Terumi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

So, with the buff to Ori's passive, do you think on-hit Ori is good now? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be amazing. Anyone wanna try it out? (Also, please don't discuss the other buffs/nerfs here. There's already tons of threads on them.)

K J

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Tried it in a couple Dominion matches several months back. Got wrecked hard.

Her attack range just isn't long enough.

bérnkastel

07-08-2012

you can give it a shot. if i HAD to guess how it would be built, i would say still sorc shoes (since the attacks stil leal magic dmg), wits end for mr against your lne + as and on hit dmg, malady for on hit dmg ap and as, nashors tooth for as ap and cdr, and guinsoo's rageblade for the sheer dmg steroid (though i'd prob use something more like zhonyas or roa since it is more defensive). then another item of your choosing. Probably deathcap since you would have such low ap on her and you already have plenty of cdr movement speed and attack speed, so you would need deathcap for a bit more dmg. not in that build order though

How it would play: a little clunky, sicne oris playstyle really depends on the ball. q to check bushes, maintain a ward, or position infront of enemy. w primary for it's slow on the enemy and it's movement speed inc on you. e and r remain the same. you would be highly dependent on skillshotting.

tbh, i dont liek it that much. things like roa and zhonyas are nice on her because they make her tanky, besides wits end, an attack speed tank shredder build is usually somewhat squishy.

Only Tristana

07-08-2012

On-hit items work on anyone with range. Your logic is flawed: she gets the bonus autoattack damage innately, why do you think that building more means 'synergy?' It is the same fallacy as people that think Wit's End and Bloodrazor 'synergize' with Kogmaw's W. They don't. The only thing that synergizes is the attack speed.

I am not saying it's bad on Ori, but why do you think it's suddenly better? If you want to min/max ori (i.e. make the best use of your passive and all your abilities) the best build would be a standard AP build plus a nashor's tooth.

N49

07-08-2012

No on-hit build will be viable until we have an on-hit item that heals you by a flat amount of HP.

AxeRaider

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazama Terumi View Post
So, with the buff to Ori's passive, do you think on-hit Ori is good now? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be amazing. Anyone wanna try it out? (Also, please don't discuss the other buffs/nerfs here. There's already tons of threads on them.)
you mean passive nerf right. she does less dmg in a sustained encounter than she did before.

s00Perdr4g00N

07-08-2012

WhatTheMoose went for a ad orianna build, not necessarily on hit, but he did very well with it(at high elo even before the changes). something like 21-9-0 masteries and maxing her E first. I think he went something like Mercs, dorans into Wiggles, Trinity force(getting sheen first), IE, then LW or whatever was needed.

Kysteria

07-08-2012

Probably not. If the other team sucks hard, hybrid Orianna could wreck face before the changes. I had to do it once when our team lost our ad carry.

After? No idea, I've avoided playing her for now.... I'm trying not to rage so early in the day.