Spectator System Won the Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owennnnnn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Playing a long 4v5 - above 60 minutes - might have won (we all got extremely fed early) - were camping in the bush by purple's bottom inhibitor for ages, trying to see if they'd check/go do something else so we could own them/destroy their base (which was down to a single nexus turret). After several minutes of cheesing, we sent one player back to clear minion waves, which were destroying our base by themselves. Total stalemate - they refused to leave their base (or were refusing) and we couldn't attack it because we'd get stomped 4v5 lategame (500 cs Tristana, yikes). Sorta explains our strange strategy, I guess. A little while later, the enemy team swept in and blew up the 3 members of the team still in the bush. A "SPECTATER WIN" in all chat from their Tristana alerted us to the fact that a -spectator- had told them our position and won them the game.

Not saying we would have won, not saying the strategy was good - but it's pretty lame that spectator mode deprives people of the ability to do whatever they want or whatever it takes to win.

Considered reporting the enemy team but no real "Abuse" item in the drop down menu seemed appropriate, and I didn't really care enough. Only person I ended up reporting was our leaver. Ban this guy please: Astraed. (haha)

TL;DR
FUUUUU SPECTATER ZOMG Y U LUS GAEM

CyanShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Spectator mode has a 3 minute delay so they couldn't have had someone watching your movements unless you decided to camp in a bush for 3 minutes in which case that would be a stupid idea.

Mujyaki

07-10-2012

oewn pls.

Uuuiiiooop

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanShock View Post
Spectator mode has a 3 minute delay so they couldn't have had someone watching your movements unless you decided to camp in a bush for 3 minutes in which case that would be a stupid idea.
If they are outnumbered 4 to 5 and everyone has full builds, they obviously don't want to teamfight the enemies. However, if the enemy team sticks together well, the only option would be to backdoor.

This seems like a reasonable strategy because if the enemy team were to leave their base and push, they could just run into the enemy base and destroy it, since there is only one tower up and they're so close. They don't really have any other option so it is understandable that they were waiting for a long time.

Mujyaki

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrawr View Post
oewn pls.
smuone dwnvtoed me.

raep tim

k.

Aegrotat

07-10-2012

It still comes down to the fact they were in the exact same bush for more than 3 minutes... Changing bushes would have even stopped it.

BrainVentillator

07-10-2012

I do agree with you that that was a cheap win, riot should remove the ability of players to pm people in games that they are spectating, even with a 3 min delay it is a bit unfair, said situation proves that

Purpleiswin

07-10-2012

It may not even be a pm, I have friends that log on to see i'm in a match, spectate and text me things like "oh that was a nice snare" or "wow you're getting rocked." Or even over skype or something, if they were in that bush for a good 4 minutes+ minutes, a spectator would see them sitting in a bush for a minute and send a text or over skype or even some out of game method to inform them to check that bush.
The only solution is to not stand in one spot for more than a few minutes, which really doesn't happen anyways.
The thing is situations like this are going to be very rare, not enough for riot to do anything about it. 3 minute delay's was a good response to live spectating allowing for cheating, and it's enough for 99.9999% of games. It sucks that you had to lose one match because of a cheap spectator, but it's one game out of thousands and thousands played every day.

KnightxSScarlett

07-10-2012

They should set the timer to 5 minutes so you can't tell friends when the blue buff will be back up.

B SIDE

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
They should set the timer to 5 minutes so you can't tell friends when the blue buff will be back up.
Are people really doing this? Lol.