Jayce is weak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelenas

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortus View Post
as a bruiser he is good, i tend to get focused even though im not the major damage, prolly cuz you know, new champ. Still, building him as an AD caster is risky but very rewarding.
How is building him as an ad carry/caster risky? He has so much disengage and so much poke, along with a fair amount of power in a straight up fight.

IRLDragon

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelenas View Post
No idea why you'd build triforce before bloodthirster. He doesn't need the attack speed, or the ap, or the sheen proc. I think the build is Thirster into phage into GA or frozen heart, and then finish triforce but to each his own I guess.
Everyone can use the sheen proc. Attack speed is always useful as well. He can also use the movespeed, and the slow, and the health, and the damage, and the mana.

Kelenas

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practically View Post
Except you realize that his toolkit works stupid well with the Sheen/Triforce proc.
his base ad is pitifully low and that's what sheen multiplies, so the sheen proc doesn't give you as much as you'd think.

Kelenas

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catpersonlol View Post
Everyone can use the sheen proc. Attack speed is always useful as well. He can also use the movespeed, and the slow, and the health, and the damage, and the mana.
Give phage+thirster a try and you may be pleasantly surprised. It's about the same cost and thirster just gives so much staying power.

Putzfrau

07-07-2012

Quote:
How is building him as an ad carry/caster risky? He has so much disengage and so much poke, along with a fair amount of power in a straight up fight.
after e in hammer stance what disengage do you have? got some move speed with stance swapping and the wall, but its no tristana jump. not to mention his range is weak compared to other ad.

Sing a Ming

07-07-2012

i go wriggle's atmog's but i'm thinking black cleaver would be really good on him.
maybe something like this would be good: boots fromallet MoM Black Cleaver Frozen Heart/GA

Kelenas

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
after e in hammer stance what disengage do you have? got some move speed with stance swapping and the wall, but its no tristana jump. not to mention his range is weak compared to other ad.
You still play him top lane, so you aren't the primary ad carry. You just build him with a bloodthirster and kite until you can afford to go melee and chase them down for the kill.

Granolan

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wild DUK View Post
No one calls Jayce weak except for people who are dissappointed he isn't release Xin OP.
I'm glad people still remember, makes Darius look like a fart in a hurricane.

Sing a Ming

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putzfrau View Post
you just listed 3 disengage abilities... 3x as many as any other champion with more than 150 range...

Putzfrau

07-07-2012

Quote:
You still play him top lane, so you aren't the primary ad carry. You just build him with a bloodthirster and kite until you can afford to go melee and chase them down for the kill.
doesnt matter if you played him top lane, if you built him like an ad carry he's still going to fall apart if someone engages on you.

he's a great 1v1 dueler, but in a team fight built like an ad carry he's going to get rocked if they have any type of hard engage.