Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Jayce is weak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelenas

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Fortus:
as a bruiser he is good, i tend to get focused even though im not the major damage, prolly cuz you know, new champ. Still, building him as an AD caster is risky but very rewarding.


How is building him as an ad carry/caster risky? He has so much disengage and so much poke, along with a fair amount of power in a straight up fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IRLDragon

Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Kelenas:
No idea why you'd build triforce before bloodthirster. He doesn't need the attack speed, or the ap, or the sheen proc. I think the build is Thirster into phage into GA or frozen heart, and then finish triforce but to each his own I guess.


Everyone can use the sheen proc. Attack speed is always useful as well. He can also use the movespeed, and the slow, and the health, and the damage, and the mana.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelenas

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Practically:
Except you realize that his toolkit works stupid well with the Sheen/Triforce proc.


his base ad is pitifully low and that's what sheen multiplies, so the sheen proc doesn't give you as much as you'd think.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelenas

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Catpersonlol:
Everyone can use the sheen proc. Attack speed is always useful as well. He can also use the movespeed, and the slow, and the health, and the damage, and the mana.


Give phage+thirster a try and you may be pleasantly surprised. It's about the same cost and thirster just gives so much staying power.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Kelenas:
How is building him as an ad carry/caster risky? He has so much disengage and so much poke, along with a fair amount of power in a straight up fight.


after e in hammer stance what disengage do you have? got some move speed with stance swapping and the wall, but its no tristana jump. not to mention his range is weak compared to other ad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sing a Ming

Senior Member

07-07-2012

i go wriggle's atmog's but i'm thinking black cleaver would be really good on him.
maybe something like this would be good: boots fromallet MoM Black Cleaver Frozen Heart/GA


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelenas

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Putzfrau:
after e in hammer stance what disengage do you have? got some move speed with stance swapping and the wall, but its no tristana jump. not to mention his range is weak compared to other ad.


You still play him top lane, so you aren't the primary ad carry. You just build him with a bloodthirster and kite until you can afford to go melee and chase them down for the kill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Granolan

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
A Wild DUK:
No one calls Jayce weak except for people who are dissappointed he isn't release Xin OP.


I'm glad people still remember, makes Darius look like a fart in a hurricane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sing a Ming

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Putzfrau:
after e in hammer stance what disengage do you have? got some move speed with stance swapping and the wall, but its no tristana jump. not to mention his range is weak compared to other ad.


you just listed 3 disengage abilities... 3x as many as any other champion with more than 150 range...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Putzfrau

Senior Member

07-07-2012

Quote:
Kelenas:
You still play him top lane, so you aren't the primary ad carry. You just build him with a bloodthirster and kite until you can afford to go melee and chase them down for the kill.


doesnt matter if you played him top lane, if you built him like an ad carry he's still going to fall apart if someone engages on you.

he's a great 1v1 dueler, but in a team fight built like an ad carry he's going to get rocked if they have any type of hard engage.