Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can we revert the atmas nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaveTheMaids

07-08-2012

For the champ(s) I use, the damage offered isn't worth it for only 45 armor.
It's too expensive and I'll get blown up.

I get much more out of Randuin's = gives more armor, hp regen, CDR, and a boss active/passive that shuts down auto-attackers, chasers, runners, etc. I can become an anti-carry with an item from the shop. Then I can add a real damage item (like IE or BT) for much more efficiency and utility than Atma's could ever offer.

It also leaves open a slot for an MR item without sacrificing late game damage.
Now I can counter everyone and still do tons of damage.

The only way I could see myself buying Atma's is if they lowered the price or added something to the recipe to make it worth its price.

PrincessDerpy

07-08-2012

Give up, GD is convinced tanky DPS are still overpowered even though the tournament scene is moving more and more in the direction of using double AP comps.

Dr Telemundo

07-08-2012

With the atmas nerf, and the nerf to his Q, I stopped playing Skarnsr, and I couldn't find a new viable build. Can someone help me in this reguard? I loved my Skarner jungle.

Fadedheart

07-08-2012

How about bringing it back to 2% but upping the cost? One of the problems with Atmas is that it was a relatively cheap item, but it was **** efficient for it's cost. One of the problems currently with Atmas is that early game, before you have a **** ton of health, an item like Maw of Malmortius gives more AD and is just better.

Extreme late game if it reaches that, where every item needs to count, Atmas is currently an extreme liability to have on your character.

Late game, before full 6 item builds, is the only time the current Atmas really has any use.

So, yeah, why not just make it 2% again, but make it a 2600-2800 $ item?

Tzrizzler

07-08-2012

I have an Idea

Atma's Impaler (3000g)
-Chain vest (700g)
-Brutalizer (1337g)
-963g

Efffects
+45 armor
+20 AD

UNIQUE AURAS:
+10% CDR
+15 APen
You gain attack damage equal to 1.5% of your maximum health.

Hardbuttpounding

07-08-2012

I would love 1.75% max health, then I would use it more often.

Pyrrasu

07-08-2012

They nerfed it because you could build it even without building a lot of health and it'd give you a ton of AD.

I've always thought it should scale off BONUS HP, not total.

Bad Luck Braum

07-08-2012

nah with Scailing AD And Arm Pen it couldnt have aura's cause that would be ridiculous especially for the cost.

B1AZE L0RD

07-08-2012

nice argument.

Tzrizzler

07-08-2012

Aye, probably true, it would be nice to see brutalizer build into it somehow though, as a lot of champions who utilize brutalizer also use atmas. I feel it deserves another upgrade option besides ghostblade.

EDIT: I've also always felt the crit chance on atma's was out of place.