Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Day on Mount Targon [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Sun

12-18-2012

Leona more or less remains taciturn throughout the entirety of the argument... more so because she doesn't want to take sides between the two of them. That and she's not really much of a tactician. She follows orders that abide by certain morals she has... though aside from that, she fights on her own the majority of the time, and for reasons that the Rakkoran don't particularly understand. Where she fights to protect, her brethren fought to fight, something she'd disagreed with for a very long time, even in her youth.

Perhaps a more pleasant topic would suffice?

AskPantheon

12-19-2012

"This is but a drill, Shyvana. If you wish to see more advanced tactics, all you must do is wait."

And with that, Pantheon ended their argument, and again affixed his attention on the drill before him. He waited, as if he were expecting something to happen. And it did. The phalanx which was now being pushed back shed away its rear line, and the men rushed the other phalanx, in two units of three. In response to this, the second line of the other phalanx disengaged, quickly pulled out wooden javelins, and threw them at the charging soldiers.

Ask Shyvana

12-19-2012

"I'm sorry, Leona, you are in the presence of ruthless warriors." Shyvana joked, giving Leona a little pat on the shoulder.

Shyvana frowned at the concept of hurling javelins at men with shields that huge. She sighed, but didn't protest. At least the fight was turning into something a little more her style, even if it was opening so ineffectively.

AskPantheon

12-19-2012

The javelins stopped the warriors in their tracks, ducking behind their shields to avoid getting hit by them. Quickly, the men who just threw the javelins rushed up to the now halted soldiers, implementing a counter charge. The orders were being flung about the two phalanxes with increasing speed and furor.

Ask Shyvana

12-19-2012

"Crouch low, hit shields, use their momentum to throw them over you." Shyvana muttered, watching intently.

Ask the Sun

12-19-2012

Quote:
Ask Shyvana:
"I'm sorry, Leona, you are in the presence of ruthless warriors." Shyvana joked, giving Leona a little pat on the shoulder.

Shyvana frowned at the concept of hurling javelins at men with shields that huge. She sighed, but didn't protest. At least the fight was turning into something a little more her style, even if it was opening so ineffectively.

How easily I forget, hm?

Leona smiles and shakes her head; if she hadn't intervened, they'd likely have gone on for hours about what strategies were more sound for taking on a small regiment using a phalanx and so-forth, so she obviously wasn't about to let that perpetuate. Giving a yawn and a stretch, she continues to follow the two of them, looking over to Pantheon. He seems rather intent on his men sparring, so she doesn't think to engage him in conversation; she knew he could get sort of grumpy when people did that. Then again, when wasn't he grumpy?

As they walk for a few more minutes mostly in silence, Leona pipes up.

Pantheon, when we're finished here, if you're free... we could have a word.

AskPantheon

12-19-2012

"Yes, of course."

Came Pantheon's immediate reply. He, once again, diverted his attention back to the combat at hand. The soldiers being charged held their ground, and when the attacking soldiers clashed with them, they stabbed from above their shields with their swords, aiming for the neck. The charging soldiers were forced to pull back, and the battle once again remained at a stalemate. They would have kept this up for hours, even, had Pantheon not stepped out onto the field and stopped them.

"Halt! You have done well enough. Pause for some time, and come back to your drills later."

At once, all the soldiers stopped, and responded with an affirmatory shout of "Aye!". They then dispersed, each heading in their own direction. Pantheon now turned to Shyvana, and spoke to her.

"Now, what would you like to see next?"

Ask Shyvana

12-19-2012

Shyvana gave the whole conclusion a rather bemused state. She watched the soldiers disperse, then looked at Pantheon, with a slight smile.

"I'm not sure." Shyvana said. "Tend to Leona for the moment."

Ask the Sun

12-19-2012

Quote:
Ask Shyvana:
Shyvana gave the whole conclusion a rather bemused state. She watched the soldiers disperse, then looked at Pantheon, with a slight smile.

"I'm not sure." Shyvana said. "Tend to Leona for the moment."

Oh, we need not part right now, Shyvana... what Pantheon and I are to discuss is a prior meeting the two of us arranged previously. It's nothing overly important, I just wished to have a sit-down with him at some point. Perhaps dinner.

She looks over at her friend for a moment before looking to Shyvana, nodding to the dragon.

It can wait.

Ask Shyvana

12-19-2012

"Dinner?" Shyvana sked curiously. She turned her body fully to Pantheon and Leona, a slight smirk on her face. "Am I to report to Luxanna what this sounds like?"