Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Day on Mount Targon [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AskPantheon

10-08-2012

Quote:
Ahrí Kumiho:
"That is because you are not willing to make the effort." Ahri replied hesitantly, noting the soft changes in the other's tune. There was a welling in the pit of her stomach, a sense of longing for Pantheon to understand. It always came down to that, and sometimes she half wishes that humans were not as stubborn as they were. But that only made it more fun, didn't it?

"It means that you still felt it. It means that, because you did the inevitable and you did experience such pain and regret, your human emotions yearn for it again. You said it yourself. There is a hole that even you cannot kick sand into. I do not mean to go looking for more, but nor do you have to push people away like you do. War may master your life, but only we have control."

Ahri finally pulled away - she could not continue. This twinge, this ache. It was disgusting. "It saddens me to think that you have been hurt so." She gave a gentle smile, her eyes roaming once again across Pantheon's stony visage.

What was this? Someone actually was showing him compassion? That was something he saw rarely, if ever. Was it genuine? Pantheon did not think so. Why would she, of all people, care about his pain? After all, many thought of him little more than a cruel barbarian, that likely deserved all the pain he had received. Pantheon's eyes flared up slightly at this perceived ruse, and with it, his tone of voice changed.

"Truly? Why should you care about my pain? Why do you care about what happened to me in the first place, anyway? None speak to me of this, but you seem to have a keen interest. Why is this?"
Quote:
Dear Urgot:
{{ I like to think that Pantheon, without his helmet, looks like Leonidas.

Are there any depictions ANYWHERE that show Pantheon without his helmet? }}

((Seeing him without the helmet would likely melt your face.))

Ask the Kumiho

10-09-2012

Quote:
AskPantheon:
What was this? Someone actually was showing him compassion? That was something he saw rarely, if ever. Was it genuine? Pantheon did not think so. Why would she, of all people, care about his pain? After all, many thought of him little more than a cruel barbarian, that likely deserved all the pain he had received. Pantheon's eyes flared up slightly at this perceived ruse, and with it, his tone of voice changed.

"Truly? Why should you care about my pain? Why do you care about what happened to me in the first place, anyway? None speak to me of this, but you seem to have a keen interest. Why is this?"

((Seeing him without the helmet would likely melt your face.))

Ahri twirled the tip of a tail around her finger absentmindedly, simply allowing herself to observe the warrior freely as his confusion was plainly shown. With it, distrust lancing every word and the fox knew that Pantheon did not believe that she was honestly curious. If anything, the Kumiho has always been honest whenever intrigue was concerned. Though his reaction was beyond amusing. "Why, you ask." She hummed, eyes glinting.

"Of course, it is because I wish to understand. I have said to you before that it is human to feel such emotion, yet you continue to believe that it is your own mistake and that it is your birthright to simply follow the path of war and bloodshed. I have met those who have no interest for human companionship, but I can see that it is not the case with you. It is something you hide from, because you fear the pain of it far more than the pain of a flail or a sword." Ahri took a deep breath, then continued.

"I will not pretend to be an expert on such matters, as I am learning each and every day. I just think it's a bit of a shame, that someone like you would give up on what is considered one of the greatest, and one of the most painful, experiences one would ever know." She grinned. "After all, is it not human to challenge and push oneself to the limit?"

AskPantheon

10-09-2012

Quote:
Ahrí Kumiho:
Ahri twirled the tip of a tail around her finger absentmindedly, simply allowing herself to observe the warrior freely as his confusion was plainly shown. With it, distrust lancing every word and the fox knew that Pantheon did not believe that she was honestly curious. If anything, the Kumiho has always been honest whenever intrigue was concerned. Though his reaction was beyond amusing. "Why, you ask." She hummed, eyes glinting.

"Of course, it is because I wish to understand. I have said to you before that it is human to feel such emotion, yet you continue to believe that it is your own mistake and that it is your birthright to simply follow the path of war and bloodshed. I have met those who have no interest for human companionship, but I can see that it is not the case with you. It is something you hide from, because you fear the pain of it far more than the pain of a flail or a sword." Ahri took a deep breath, then continued.

"I will not pretend to be an expert on such matters, as I am learning each and every day. I just think it's a bit of a shame, that someone like you would give up on what is considered one of the greatest, and one of the most painful, experiences one would ever know." She grinned. "After all, is it not human to challenge and push oneself to the limit?"

"So, curiosity, is it?"

Pantheon sighed slightly. He would love nothing more than to deny the truth of every word that Ahri spoke, but yet he knew that, at heart, they were true. However, he hated that he felt that way. He could not afford weakness, not if he were to fulfill his dream of becoming the finest warrior on Valoran. However, he was only human. Once he became familiar with such emotions, he could not go back. He was stuck with them.

"To pursue such emotions invites weakness. I had never felt so crushed, so hopeless, as I did following the aftermath of my pursuits. I cannot pursue both, I must choose one. And I have, I have chosen the path of war, and I shall remain true to it."

Ask the Kumiho

10-10-2012

Quote:
AskPantheon:
"So, curiosity, is it?"

Pantheon sighed slightly. He would love nothing more than to deny the truth of every word that Ahri spoke, but yet he knew that, at heart, they were true. However, he hated that he felt that way. He could not afford weakness, not if he were to fulfill his dream of becoming the finest warrior on Valoran. However, he was only human. Once he became familiar with such emotions, he could not go back. He was stuck with them.

"To pursue such emotions invites weakness. I had never felt so crushed, so hopeless, as I did following the aftermath of my pursuits. I cannot pursue both, I must choose one. And I have, I have chosen the path of war, and I shall remain true to it."

"Curiosity." Ahri repeated, nodding. She could not deny that while Pantheon himself did not instil any sort of intrigue in her, it was the entirely unique situation in which she was presented with. Having been told of such a past, the Kumiho was not entirely willing to force herself into the other's weakness. After all, those days were long gone. She supposed this was partially the reason why she never really took note of the history of her... company.

"Yet you learned from it." Ahri offered as a response. "You are not the only one who has felt such pain. It is purely a human experience, and you are a stronger person from understanding it. How else does one get better at fighting? With experience and with training. One lost battle does not mean you should give up your weapons forever." She sighed. "Though I suppose my words mean nothing, if you are so bent on keeping your opinions firmly where they are currently."

AskPantheon

10-10-2012

"It will take much more than a few words to change my opinion on the matter."

Pantheon very stubbornly stood by his thoughts and beliefs. He would not change them, not for a moment, unless something monumental were to occur to him, and even then, it would be only gradual. His beliefs were as frozen in stone as his face. Now, this conversation was beginning to seem very pointless to him. If this was going to be yet another session of others questioning his beliefs, then he had no interest in carrying their conversation any longer.

"Are we done here?"

Ask the Kumiho

10-10-2012

Ahri waved a careless hand in the air. She would not attempt to work her influence on Pantheon - not yet, anyway. After all, she needed time to ponder this discovery, and she also needed to find a way to get past this incredibly awkward feeling in the pit of her stomach. "I do believe they were more than a few words." She responded, rather pleasantly considering the situation. "I only hope you reconsider. As I've said, it'd be such a waste to see you flounder away in the mud. An honorable warrior makes a great lover, you know."

With that, she bounded up to the Rakkorian, leaning against his heavy frame to give him a quick peck on the cheek before retreating just as hastily. "We're done here." Ahri grinned, wiggling her fingers in a small, farewell-type gesture. "I suppose I lose this challenge then. But I'll be looking for a rematch!" She laughed softly and, before Pantheon could say anything more, took her leave.

AskPantheon

10-10-2012

Pantheon breathed a small sigh of relief. That was finally over. Better yet, his will had remained strong, and he emerged victorious in the end. He would probably spend some time thinking over Ahri's words later, but for now, he had other matters to attend to. He placed his helmet back on his head, and adjusted his armor back to its normal position. He cast a glance in the direction Ahri left, just to make sure she had actually left, and then turned around and trudged back to toward the direction of the settlements on Mount Targon. He knew, when her challenge came again, he would be ready.

Thepichudude

10-10-2012

Pichu comes up to the gates of mount Targon and whistles.
"Place definatly looks as good as people say it is..."

AskPantheon

10-11-2012

Quote:
Thepichudude:
Pichu comes up to the gates of mount Targon and whistles.
"Place definatly looks as good as people say it is..."

A sentry marches up to Pichu, spear in one hand, shield on the other. His spear was lowered at Pichu, and behind him several other Rakkor could be seen, carefully watching Pichu for any signs of hostility. The sentry stopped after his spear was roughly two feet away, and then spoke.

"Who are you, and what business do you have on Mount Targon?"

Thepichudude

10-11-2012

Quote:
AskPantheon:
A sentry marches up to Pichu, spear in one hand, shield on the other. His spear was lowered at Pichu, and behind him several other Rakkor could be seen, carefully watching Pichu for any signs of hostility. The sentry stopped after his spear was roughly two feet away, and then spoke.

"Who are you, and what business do you have on Mount Targon?"

Pichu smiles and pushes the spear away.
"Just wanted too see what it looked like inside,maybe take a look some of the weaponry you use.No need to start a fight."

Pichu chuckles to himself.