Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Day on Mount Targon [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Kumiho

09-30-2012

Quote:
AskPantheon:
That particular subject was a rather painful memory to Pantheon. He remembered only too well what happened when he tried to turn from the path of war, even when it was only a slight deviation. He sighed, and began to speak.

"Yes, I do. Every time I have strayed from the path of war, even in the slightest, I have been met by much pain, much unnecessary pain. Outside of the realm of war, I admit, I know little. I have devoted myself to the pursuit of war, and to do that to the best of my ability I must abandon other pursuits."

Ahri could feel the barest exhale, the only movement apart from the vibration of voice and the beat of a heart. A strength she could not understand, but wanted to. A different sort of human. How long had it been? Humans were wonderful, amazing and were capable of so much. Yet she played as if she was above them. Manipulation just to be like them. What Pantheon said sounded familiar to her, and Ahri knew better than to ask for extrapolation.

"That is experience." The vixen said simply as she allowed the low vibrato to reverberate through her slim frame. "You lessen the pain by experiencing more, and with the ability to hide your true feelings... well, that is a priceless talent." Ahri did not mention that such a talent was wasted in the face of her influence. "It sounds as if you are attempting to run, to hide under the covers of familiarity. You know and understand war, so you turn to it as if it were your mother." Her tone was not scolding, nor sarcastic, nor provocative. It was as if she was stating these things as facts.

"How will you learn if you do not feel?"

AskPantheon

09-30-2012

What was the point of learning something so useless to him? He was the Artisan of War, after all. To know war one does not have to know these other things, such as romance, in fact, romance in particular. Especially considering how his previous pursuits in that area had left him so bitter.

"I do not need to learn. Had I avoided these pursuits to begin with, I would have likely never experienced anything related to them."

That, at least, was somewhat true. On Mount Targon there was no time wasted on such silliness. War was the primary focus of its inhabitants. However, the League of Legends, that Pantheon was a part of, was different. Being in such an environment, he would have come across things he had never experienced before, regardless of him trying to avoid them or not.

Ask the Kumiho

09-30-2012

"You're still human." She replied, tapping her fingers against the warrior's... skirt armor lightly. "Why did you not avoid 'these pursuits' in the first place? Curiosity. We crave to feel these emotions, even if it is for a split second." The fox sighed. "Even if you try, you cannot run forever."

Ahri tilted her head slightly so that if she peered out of her peripherals, she could see the edges of the lips curved in irritation. "You've felt happiness. When you were with Leon-- when you got involved with others. Your journey was not filled with pain, was it?" She did not know why she was asking these questions, or why Pantheon was even humoring her. The Artisan had made it quite clear that he did not enjoy idle chatter, but Ahri wanted to know. Because he was different.

AskPantheon

10-01-2012

"In the end, it did not matter that the journey was not filled with pain. What I felt meant nothing, because those feelings were not returned. The happiness that I felt was for naught but a few days, and just as quickly as I had first experienced it, it was taken away. In fact, I wish that I had never experienced in the first place, for all that I gained was a hole that will never be filled."

Pantheon's tone of voice was strained, the memories he was recalling were obviously painful to him.

Farnbil

10-01-2012

Wilhelm jumped in shock. "What the-woah! Am I going to-really! Ahem...yes."

He entered a crouching stance, trying his best to mirror the behemoth of a man in front of him. "I feel very glad that I will not feel anything..." he mumbled. All of the regal splendor which propelled him up the mountain in the first place was gone, replaced with a disgustingly human guise and manner.

AskPantheon

10-01-2012

"Then let us begin!"

The other man roared. He dropped into a wrestling stance, and with a few steps had covered most of the arena. He did not attack, but instead stayed back at a distance, and circled around Wilhelm.

Dear Urgot

10-02-2012

Quote:
AskPantheon:
The helmet was practically a second face to Pantheon. Taking it off was not something he did on a daily basis. However, at this point, he could easily see that sooner or later, he would have to take it off. So, why waste time? Pantheon placed both hands on his helmet, and lifted it off. The face underneath looked as if it had hardly ever changed. Almost as if at the age of 16, when he made his first kill, his face was petrified in stone. Of course, age had weathered his stone face, but other than it´s effects, nothing about it had changed. His expression was continually stuck in a half-frown, as if something were continuously irritating him. He lowered his helmet and held it with one hand at his side, waiting to see what Ahri would do next.

{{ I like to think that Pantheon, without his helmet, looks like Leonidas.

Are there any depictions ANYWHERE that show Pantheon without his helmet? }}

Ask the Kumiho

10-02-2012

Quote:
AskPantheon:
"In the end, it did not matter that the journey was not filled with pain. What I felt meant nothing, because those feelings were not returned. The happiness that I felt was for naught but a few days, and just as quickly as I had first experienced it, it was taken away. In fact, I wish that I had never experienced in the first place, for all that I gained was a hole that will never be filled."

Pantheon's tone of voice was strained, the memories he was recalling were obviously painful to him.

"That is because you are not willing to make the effort." Ahri replied hesitantly, noting the soft changes in the other's tune. There was a welling in the pit of her stomach, a sense of longing for Pantheon to understand. It always came down to that, and sometimes she half wishes that humans were not as stubborn as they were. But that only made it more fun, didn't it?

"It means that you still felt it. It means that, because you did the inevitable and you did experience such pain and regret, your human emotions yearn for it again. You said it yourself. There is a hole that even you cannot kick sand into. I do not mean to go looking for more, but nor do you have to push people away like you do. War may master your life, but only we have control."

Ahri finally pulled away - she could not continue. This twinge, this ache. It was disgusting. "It saddens me to think that you have been hurt so." She gave a gentle smile, her eyes roaming once again across Pantheon's stony visage.

Dear Urgot

10-02-2012

Quote:
Ahrí Kumiho:
"That is because you are not willing to make the effort." Ahri replied hesitantly, noting the soft changes in the other's tune. There was a welling in the pit of her stomach, a sense of longing for Pantheon to understand. It always came down to that, and sometimes she half wishes that humans were not as stubborn as they were. But that only made it more fun, didn't it?

"It means that you still felt it. It means that, because you did the inevitable and you did experience such pain and regret, your human emotions yearn for it again. You said it yourself. There is a hole that even you cannot kick sand into. I do not mean to go looking for more, but nor do you have to push people away like you do. War may master your life, but only we have control."

Ahri finally pulled away - she could not continue. This twinge, this ache. It was disgusting. "It saddens me to think that you have been hurt so." She gave a gentle smile, her eyes roaming once again across Pantheon's stony visage.

{{ DAMN! I was about to quote your slip up too! But you had already deleted it. }}

Ask the Kumiho

10-03-2012

((One step ahead! Though I don't think it's a secret since I've slipped up about three times now.))